Is the Magician the total package?

etherealtarot

If you were to ask how what someone's attraction for another is-- would you say it's through the roof?

GlitterNova

The Magician definitely seems like how someone (let's say A) sees someone else (let's say B) if A were infatuated with B. Definitely the 'total package'. The flipside of this, though, is that A's infatuation with B is probably clouding their vision and allowing them to ignore B's flaws (since we're all human and no one's perfect). If A and B were to get into a serious relationship, A might be disappointed when they realize that B isn't actually perfect or the total package.

In this case I don't see the Magician as an actual person, but more as an ideal or end goal that may or may not actually be achievable.

etherealtarot

The flipside of this, though, is that A's infatuation with B is probably clouding their vision and allowing them to ignore B's flaws (since we're all human and no one's perfect). If A and B were to get into a serious relationship, A might be disappointed when they realize that B isn't actually perfect or the total package.

Wouldn't that only be true if the Magician was paired with The Moon? In terms of physical attractiveness, I would think that A really does fancy B, no matter what flaws they have. Maybe their flaws are their "magic" ?

RaaD

lets say - attraction based on charisma. Both A and B are accepting each other as they are openly with all of their bad and good sides. They are completely aware what they are involved in and there is a disere from both sides this to happen

nisaba

If you were to ask how what someone's attraction for another is-- would you say it's through the roof?

They are attracted by a façade, a manipulated image that the other is putting out.

Talulah26

I dont trust the magician, hes always shown up in my readings when iv needed to be weary about somebody, particularly love interests who turned out to be cheaters or where trying to hide something. As someone else said its like ignoring somebody's flaws or seeing what you want to see. In relationship or love interest spreads I dont see him as a good sign.

Amanda

Are you asking what the nature of their attraction is for someone else, or what about the other person they find attractive?

Magician/Nature of attraction: Positive=Intense, single-focus on getting your attention perhaps; Negative=Self-absorbed, single-focus on themselves or getting whatever it is they personally want.

Magician/Qualities about other person that attract: Positive=Skilled, powerful; Negative=Tricky, shiny, manipulative.

ana luisa

For the person who is attracted to the Magician, he is ALL that could ever be hoped for. As for the real value of the Magician himself, he can usually put on a great show so it could be just smoke and mirrors (which, unfortunately , it´s often the case).
I prefer Magicians for helath issues. They´re usually quite positive.

Rhapsodin

I'd always understood the Magician to represent creative solutions, a time to rely on intuition and strength of will......but I'm here to learn. Mercury represents commerce and business in some way and can also be a notorious trickster. Would the trickster be the adverse side?

kalliope

I like how Ana Luisa and Amanda laid out their answers, and agree with Leeshaful that I'm wary of the Magician, especially in love readings.

As for why many of us are seeing the Magician as potentially problematic, I can say for myself that I've been influenced by the historical decks, and the original depiction of the Magician as The Bateleur. He's a street performer, so there is a connotation of a showman, a con man, sleight-of-hand, and skillful manipulation to make you see/notice what he wants you to see (as that's how magic works,) or to even make you act/react how he wishes you to act. He's a performer and entertainer, and might have lots of charisma. (The main character of The Mentalist television show is a fun depiction of one type of Magician -- charming, clever, manipulative, frustrating, and a little bit shady in his methods.)

On the positive side, I see him as masterful and skillful, really good at making happen what he wants to make happen, an excellent problem solver, tinkerer, and trouble-shooter. ETA: Yes, like Rhapsodin says, a person who can come up with creative solutions and make things happen according to their will.

So if the question is how someone sees a certain person, it's probably that they think they're the "whole package" (i.e. the masterful talented person), but it's possible they might suspect that they're putting up a façade and aren't what they seem to be.

If the question is about what that person really IS, I'd be more wary and would keep the trickster meanings in mind.