Is there a curse on the family? What spread to use?

wildchilde

Netzach said:
What I did in the end was somewhat convoluted. I started with a reading based on the Dark Self Spread. I used six cards (a pentacle placed around the central, first, card) plus the base card and adapted the meanings to:

1. The source of the negative energies
2. How the negativity reveals itself
3. What is keeping the negativity alive
4. Is there a positive aspect?
5. What needs to be done
6. The first step to be taken
Hi Netzach,
I love what you've come up with here! Very insightful and useful information! I will keep a copy of this one in my journal for sure! Thanks for sharing it.

I hope you will be able to get some background information on the suicide issue before going further. What a heavy burden for you to bear! Good luck! Please let us know how this goes.

catlin

Well done, Netzach!

Netzach

Just thought you'd like an update on this.

Thankfully, I was wrong about the suicide. I emailed the intermediary who told me that the querant had no children. What had made me consider this was because I drew the Princess of Swords in the "how the negativity reveals itself" position. I was using the Rohrig deck and the Princess is regaled with cords, chains - and a huge knife. I couldn't take my eyes off that knife. The alternative interpretation, which I included in the reading that I sent, was that the Princess represented the querant - easily hurt and apt to hurt herself.

Anyway, I've just heard from the intermediary who says that I have read the situation very accurately.

So very many thanks to all of you for your help - it made my task much easier.

Blessings,
Netzach

Dolphin_Dreamer

Wow Netzach

Great reading! and wonderful for you to get feedback..

einhverfr

wildchilde said:
The spread looked like this:

1: Has querent been cursed? (yes/no) if yes, continue...
2: By Who?
3: Why?
4: Is this current or past life related?
5: What is the curse?
6: What does querent need to do or change to end this curse.

I sort of like this but I wonder... Is Carcer (The Prison) really the right shape for this? I suppose it would work. Just wondering if other figures might work better. This would also particularly work well if the effect of the curse seemed to be to limit options.

As for family curses, I think it is clearly possible to inherit both luck and "Wyrd" (like karma) from one's ancestors. But both of these can be worked around. I personally think that astrology would be better at helping to consel the person about managing the effects of either and turning them around (the primal law side), but also that understanding the symbolic roots of the problem is also important. So if this turns out to answer in the affirmative, I would suggest also referring this person to an astrologer.

Now... The role of the cards and the charts are different. The cards tell you what happened and give some ideas on how to counter the influcence. The astrology chart will provide more clues about what this person can do in her own life to help manage/overcome the impact of this for her.

To counter something like this, one needs to rise up and decide that things will be different. A clensing ritual is a nice way to start this process. Then once one understands the symbolic cause, one can act in opposition to that. For example, if the cards indicate that it was a lack of generosity that started this, then maybe it is important for this person to *really* get involved in donating time, effort, etc. into helping others through local charities.