It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

GlitterNova

For some strange reason I like this deck. Anything I have read about this deck is on the negative side but I still am interested. Is there any enabling to be had for this deck or is it as bad as everyone says. After all, Halloween is just around the corner.

Tis the season for a deck like that! Halloween only comes once a year, and every good tarot reader needs a fall or Halloween-themed deck!

How about the Steampunk Tarot: Wisdom from the Gods of the Machine? I was considering both that one and the Barbara Moore steampunk deck, but the Gods of the Machine one looks less like a RWS clone. I'm looking for a deck that has an interesting and original take on the cards.

Celtictarot

Tarot of the Vampyres by Ian Daniels or Northern Shadows Tarot?

beginagain

I can't speak for the Northern Tarot, but the Vampyres is visually stunning. It's a hybrid of the RWS and the Thoth so it provides an excellent bridge between the two systems. The accompanying book, Phantasmagoria, is quite, quite brilliant. I'd reccommend it by itself as it provides the best introduction of the relationships between astrology, alchemy, Paganism and tarot that I've ever come across. getitgetitgetitgetit...

Owl Song

I second the Tarot of the Vampyres. The book really IS brilliant and remains my favorite Tarot book of all time -- and I've read a lot of them. The deck has beautiful artwork and the whole thing just works really well. It's an easy deck to slip into and spend time with. This is a perfect time of year to succumb, too.

Get it!

Nar

The Chrysalis Tarot and the Dream Raven Tarot deck both want me to own them. Thoughts?

BrownBear

The Chrysalis Tarot and the Dream Raven Tarot deck both want me to own them. Thoughts?

I love Chrysalis. The artwork is gorgeous, and the system is not so very different. It is an extension of R WS in a natural way. I get extremely deep readings with it, and it is just lovely to look at. Give it a try.

Celtictarot

Thoth calling me as well as the Ludy Lescot. Thoughts? and which box is the best? Thank you!

nisaba

Go the Thoth in a heartbeat.

A whole new world awaits. My box is just a standard tuck-box, but there have been many editions. :)

The LL can await your viewing pleasure later.

Chimera Dust

The Halloween Tarot?

FLizarraga

Thoth calling me as well as the Ludy Lescot. Thoughts? and which box is the best? Thank you!

The Ludy Lescot does not particularly call to me, but of course if you want it... })

But whatever you do, do what Nisaba says: buy the Thoth. If nothing else, you will learn a LOT.

As a newbie, I found that it read great fresh out of the box, well before going into all the esoteric stuff --which might have been what Crowley intended, after all.

As for the box, the larger the better. The large blue box AgMüller has the most vibrant colors, but the more modest --and much cheaper-- US Games has better cardstock, IMHO.