Journaling

kwesifriends

NightQueen said:
practise your readings and record them, as events happen you can refer back to your readings to see how accurate you were, from experience 1 tarot reading can be vaild by my experience only for 2 years so it would be wonderful to back back and have the "aha" That came out for me

O I see tahts too long maybe I need to put all I know about the cards thankies :)

violette

kwesifriends said:
O I see thats great I'm new too but active in the forum I wish you will be active like me!

I've been lurking a lot and reading all the old posts. Once I get more comfortable with tarot I will start posting more.

SunChariot

In short, you should put whatever is important to you. And whatever you think you will want to keep and look back on later. It is your journal and it is up to you to decide what that is. What is important to someone else may not be to you and what is not important to them might be to you.

Mine has all my readings, I personally number the pages and put an index at the front. For myself I have found it useful to keep past readings for two reasons. First sometimes in the beginning you get cards that don't make sense. If you keep the reading, and look back at it months later, you often (usually) see how the cards that came up were perfect there. I also get a kick at looking over old readings to see how accurate they were. You can learn a lot from doing that. As well, I like to look over successive readings on a situation to see the progression of it.

I also keep any other articles of a spiritual nature that I feel I will want to look at later. I have keep spread I might want to try later in my journal, techniques for timing questions, even how to crochet a Tarot pouch. I also tend to keep readings others do for me. I also save readings done for me there.

Although to tell you the truth my Tarot journal pretty well contains any spiritual pursuit I am into currently. It also have Rune readings, Oracle readings, pendulum readings and most recently a collection of articles of methods of co-creation.

Hope you're not even more confused now, LOL

Babs

kwesifriends

violette said:
I've been lurking a lot and reading all the old posts. Once I get more comfortable with tarot I will start posting more.

lol heheheh have fun in the forum I think the posting here and play with other is so fun!

kwesifriends

SunChariot said:
In short, you should put whatever is important to you. And whatever you think you will want to keep and look back on later. It is your journal and it is up to you to decide what that is. What is important to someone else may not be to you and what is not important to them might be to you.

Mine has all my readings, I personally number the pages and put an index at the front. For myself I have found it useful to keep past readings for two reasons. First sometimes in the beginning you get cards that don't make sense. If you keep the reading, and look back at it months later, you often (usually) see how the cards that came up were perfect there. I also get a kick at looking over old readings to see how accurate they were. You can learn a lot from doing that. As well, I like to look over successive readings on a situation to see the progression of it.

I also keep any other articles of a spiritual nature that I feel I will want to look at later. I have keep spread I might want to try later in my journal, techniques for timing questions, even how to crochet a Tarot pouch. I also tend to keep readings others do for me. I also save readings done for me there.

Although to tell you the truth my Tarot journal pretty well contains any spiritual pursuit I am into currently. It also have Rune readings, Oracle readings, pendulum readings and most recently a collection of articles of methods of co-creation.

Hope you're not even more confused now, LOL

Babs

lol of course im not confuse now thank for your suggestion!

SunChariot

The point being that it's your journal, and it needs to be fun to you (or why would you want to continue doing it?) It needs to keep track of things you consider important (which may or may not be what others find important). It has to meet your needs and fulfill what a Tarot journal should be to you. Although I would say the guidelines are to save what you find useful and have fun doing it.

Babs

kwesifriends

SunChariot said:
The point being that it's your journal, and it needs to be fun to you (or why would you want to continue doing it?) It needs to keep track of things you consider important (which may or may not be what others find important). It has to meet your needs and fulfill what a Tarot journal should be to you. Although I would say the guidelines are to save what you find useful and have fun doing it.

Babs

O I see thanks! for your suggestion I lover writing Journals very much and its my first time to make a journal about tarot thats why I'm so very confuse?

SunChariot

kwesifriends said:
O I see thanks! for your suggestion I lover writing Journals very much and its my first time to make a journal about tarot thats why I'm so very confuse?

Just do what calls to you. You can do anything including writing poetry about the cards or drawing images inspired by them. There's not really a right or wrong and like anything else, you're more likely to stick to what you enjoy and you'll learn by trial and error what works best for you and what is not as useful,

Me to I love journalling. :heart:

Babs

kwesifriends

SunChariot said:
Just do what calls to you. You can do anything including writing poetry about the cards or drawing images inspired by them. There's not really a right or wrong and like anything else, you're more likely to stick to what you enjoy and you'll learn by trial and error what works best for you and what is not as useful,

Me to I love journalling. :heart:

Babs

Thanks very much :heart: Have some fun in the forum!

gregory

Just to put another view - I actually don't keep a journal. No-one says you have to - and as you posted today that you don't know how to read yet, maybe it isn't the right time to start one? Maybe spend the time looking at your actual cards for now ?