Judgement and the 6 of Cups as reconciliation

LunaTarot

I asked the tarot about the chances of my ex and I reconciling and I got Judgement and the 6 of Cups.

Could it mean that we will reconcile but would have to put the past behind us in order for things to work?

CosmicBeing

I think the 6 of cups could indicate some type of reconcilliation...or at least crossing path. Walking down memory lane. But 6 of cups also has like a repeating pattern to it...The judgement...is about being accountable.

So I could see a possibility of reconcilliation......there is taking accountability for the past.

But doesn't show what would be the outcome of this accountability. Like once a person takes accountability will forgiveness happen or moving forward as lovers or friends?

CosmicBeing

One thing I want to add is sometimes 6 of cups can indicate forgiveness & kindness if the cards around it indicate such things. But, I still would think this may indicate taking accountability for past actions/deeds.

Amanda

I asked the tarot about the chances of my ex and I reconciling and I got Judgement and the 6 of Cups.

Could it mean that we will reconcile but would have to put the past behind us in order for things to work?

The way the cards are ordered, their stark difference, and the elemental unfriendliness feels "off" to me -- that is, Judgment is a major card, and the 6 of Cups is about "pleasure" when it's not talking about the past or kids. This makes me feel that the major issue of a clean slate will be left unresolved, but you may get together with this person for fun times, sex, or whatever lighthearted pleasure there is to be had between the two of you (without resolving the major issue of having a clean slate).

So, yes -- a reconciliation on a non-serious level, and you're right -- you'd have to put the past behind you, but it's not clear that can fully be done.

Just my take, hope it helps!

EmpyreanKnight

It can certainly mean what you interpreted.

Personally tho, the Judgment card for me presages the end of a cycle, the penultimate card of the majors that advices you to take heed of what you have experienced and to learn from your mistakes. The 6 of Cups stand for sweet and nostalgic memories, and that is precisely what they are - just memories. It seems like what is keeping you from moving on is the remembrance of the better moments you shared with your ex.

Maybe it's best if you take note of the things that have brought you to this impasse, the core reasons why you broke up, and objectively ascertain for yourself if you both truly have a realistic chance of making it last if you do decide to give it a another try. But as they are, the cards do not suggest a reconciliation in the offing.