jupiter in scorpio

rainwolf

So my jupiter is in pisces....would that be expansive privacy and karma? I thought secretiveness was pisces, but apparently it is in scorpio too.

scorpio

Have a cup of joe and look again Astrid O, your jupiter in scorpio falls in your 8th house not the 9th!

prudence

Hi scorpio!!!
Thank you! I had looked at my neptune I think!

Actually, looking at it now, I don't know where I pulled that from! LOL

(hey, I am starting to understand all of the info you gave me!! You should be proud!...or at least not too terribly embarrassed!)

rainwolf

I thought pisces was the house of secrets, and scorpio of death, rebirth, and transformation....am i missing something?

wizzle

8th versus 12th house

Rain, here are some additional thoughts about the 8th and 12th houses for you to ponder.

Along with death, rebirth and transformation, the 8th house is about secrets. These are conscious secrets, the sort we don't want our neighbors or boss to know. Or the sort of things better kept private, hence the 8th is about sex. If you think about what most folks want to keep secret, you can readily understand that the kinky bits of ourselves, what we may need to transform, are lodged in this house.

The 12th house, is that which is hidden, not what is secret. The difference is that the area of the 12th, faith, mass emotions, etc. encompasses matters which are so profound that they are difficult to express rationally, much less verbally. So these "secrets" are not the conscious secrets of the 8th, but the sort of "soul" stuff that we can only partially grapple with on a conscious level. The old texts used to call the 12th the house of hidden enemies or self undoing. It was also associated with prisons, hospitals and sanctuaries.

Both the 8th and 12th houses deal with the occult. The 8th is more about rites and practices. The 12th more about direct psychic experiences.

dadsnook2000

For Rainwolf

A cautionary note for you. Scorpio, Pisces and other signs are not houses. You can create a lot of confusion for yourself and others if you mix the two of these up. Signs overlay planetary energies with a style of expression -- Aries with agressiveness, etc. Houses are areas of personal and life activity. And the ASC and MC degrees are not the same as the first and/or tenth house -- these angles are points of experience, intense areas that both serve as timing (here and now) triggers and as focal points of expression. It is helpful to keep these distinctions fully in mind and to test them and refine their meanings to you through your actual experience. Like many things in astrology it is sometimes easier to "know" these things then it is to precisely "explain" them to another. Dave.

isthmus nekoi

Maybe another way to underline the sign/house difference is to think of signs in terms of adjectives and houses in terms of nouns.

Minderwiz

I agree with Dave here - houses are not signs - though in historical writings you will find the word 'house' used for signs in one specific way - that of rulership. Therefore Scorpio is the 'house' of Mars. However, classical writers were in no doubt of the distinction between a mundane house, such as the eighth, and the sign of Scorpio. With the exception of medical Astrology there is and always should be a clear distinction between the two.

dadsnook2000

For Astrid O

Having the patience to stop, think, learn and then do your own chart piece by piece (as you are now doing) is the way to learn astrology. Question it all, then understand it all. You're making great progress and doing it right. Dave.

prudence

Well, thank you very much, Dadsnook!

I am looking forward to trying out Isthmus' suggestions about playing guessing games with natal charts...That sounds like a hands on way to learn this. Has this type of game been a thread before? (I'll search after posting this)

I am also currently trying to do my husband's and kids' charts, bit by bit. I am focusing now on the basics, while at the same time, digging deeper into my natal chart.