Just found - Tarot Nusantara

swedishfish612

I actually found Aeclectic thanks to the Nusantara Tarot!

I was looking online at different decks and somehow found this one. I was doing searches for Indian and Asian inspired decks. Of course I quickly learned that I wasn't going to just hop on Amazon and buy a Nusantara!

So I still hope to one day find this deck, but I can't complain since I found another gem (this forum!) instead. :D

Nina*

May I inquire as to how you attained a copy? I have been looking for this deck for a while now! : )

Sorry, Nica, somehow I missed your question.

I was lucky... I started an ISO thread in the trading forum and some lovely soul contacted me.

Nica

Sorry, Nica, somehow I missed your question.

I was lucky... I started an ISO thread in the trading forum and some lovely soul contacted me.

Lucky indeed! Enjoy!!

For all of those interested, I was contacted by HF, the one responsible for this tarot deck being published. He said it will be published again soon but gave me no further information on the date. I will be sure to report back to AT when I have more information available!

In the meantime, I will keep searching for my own copy. : )

swedishfish612

Lucky indeed! Enjoy!!

For all of those interested, I was contacted by HF, the one responsible for this tarot deck being published. He said it will be published again soon but gave me no further information on the date. I will be sure to report back to AT when I have more information available!

Oh my gosh...yes, please post if you hear any info. I like this deck so much, I actually try not to forget it exists so I won't want it, lol! I mean, every now and then I want to do an image search to see it, but I hold myself back so I won't torture myself!

Nina*

Lucky indeed! Enjoy!!

This is GREAT news, Nica. Thank you so much and yes, DO keep us posted please!

garmonbozia

He said it will be published again soon but gave me no further information on the date. I will be sure to report back to AT when I have more information available!

woohoo!

strings of life

The cardstock on this deck holds up well...I've had mine for a few years of not-heavy use and it shuffles like a dream. I did 30 readings with it yesterday at a street fair and it's in better shape than I am today! It really is a workhorse.
Wow, that's great to hear. In Post 60, nicole_ (who made this deck available for purchase to many of us more than 2 years ago), measured the thickness of the deck and said that it was just as thick as a typical Lo Scarabeo deck. I think what concerns me is the grainy cardboard-like texture. It's card stock that I'm not that used to when it comes to Tarot cards. I love it so much and I'm afraid to ruin it. But since I have a spare, maybe I can riffle shuffle it carefully and enjoy it a bit more. magpie9, your post made my day :). I love the consistency of the cards though: the texture on the fronts and the design on the beautiful backs.

After having had it for only a couple of days I still agree; it's the most beautiful (at least DRAWN) RWS clone I have ever seen. And those colours are simply amazing.

I'm pretty comfortable laminating. Problem is I do prefer actual card stock to plastic and I'm also afraid it would become too chunky.
The colors--both in the scenes and clothing--are just breath taking. And spread out = :love:.

That's great news!

I wish a publisher like Schiffer would look into making this part of their catalog. It's such a striking, unique, Asian-inspired deck.

Cassandra022

yeah, the cardstock isn't as fragile as it seems, in my experience. i have (gently!) riffle shuffled it for a while now and it holds up well. love love love the feel of it.

and yeah, i wouldn't get TOO excited about the republishing thing...i am among the most avid in hoping this deck could get more widely available ASAP, but he seems to be saying that for a while now (when people contact him to inquire) and so far its been just words...not sure how concrete the publishing plans are at this point?

i do wish though. i really would like another copy for peace of mind, but i feel bad making any effort to procure one because the deck is so htf and so many people would like a copy and i already have one, so.

truelighth

I feel the same. I would love to get an extra copy of this deck, because it is really one of my favorites. But when I actually tried looking for the deck, I found out that it is already out of print :(.

Nica

and yeah, i wouldn't get TOO excited about the republishing thing...i am among the most avid in hoping this deck could get more widely available ASAP, but he seems to be saying that for a while now (when people contact him to inquire) and so far its been just words...not sure how concrete the publishing plans are at this point?

I'm afraid you're right, I see him doing conferences, but no hype on his Facebook about a reprint. : ( I'm absolutely crazy to get my hands on this deck still!