Just Ordered The Mary-El Tarot

uraszz

I am so sorry for your loss! :( I am sure you did your absolute best at taking care of Midori and I am sure that Midori felt your love clearly each day. <3 My cat is my absolute most treasured soul on this earth, my little fur baby truly, so I know how it is to have a cat as the light of your life.

Be strong and hold on. <3

The Mary-El is a dark deck, but you are right that you just know when you are ready to work with it. I hope it offers you guidance and wisdom in this time of grief.

Many blessings!

Thank you very much. I wish the best for your babies and hope they live a full, happy and healthy life. I had pulled the Moon card for my possible working relationship with the Mary-El. I see it as a final test of sorts because the Moon is the card I also pulled for November. Estimate delivery date is the end of the month so that's an interesting synchronicity

Thank you so much

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

Hello
"I need to be understood.

I'm in a constant financial struggle and this has been the main reason for the passing of my son.

Midori was a sick cat from the beginning. He came to me with two bad legs and an equally bad emotional state. I nurtured and healed him to the best of my ability and he lived the two years of his three year life as a happy and loved cat.

A year ago everything changed when he suddenly stopped walking. Without movement his body started to degenerate too. "

This is the heart of your post for me. I know the stress of not having financial ability to meet "needs" of animal companions. It is heartbreaking to not be able to help a loved one who is suffering. In spite of this, you stayed there, by your friend's side. even though you could not help. This is sign of true friendship and deep love. There is no guilt or shame in not being able to afford medical care. Indeed there is no way to know whether medical care would have helped your cat, It might have been more stressful for him, and caused him much unhappiness. I have a feeling things unfolded exactly in the highest good for your son. for his deepest needs. He was loved. and in his beloved home.

Side note. I have Mary El deck and love it, but I use it judicially. ie, it is not my go to deck. but pulled out for deep work, when I have the energy and call to do this. I find it helpful to balance it with other decks or tools, or practices that bring in lightness, so that I don't drown in the darkness.

I am saying so many thank you's on this post and I hope it doesn't come off as redundant but all the same: Thank you. I feel so grateful and so at peace with every word written here bceuase the things that you all are addressing are the things I am most insecure of; did I really do everything I can? Was Midori truly happy? Could I have done more? I do feel now that I tried and isn't that all that I, or anyone else for that matter, can do?

Thank you for your suggestion for working with the deck. I definitely will be working hard and long with it. I also wanted something that was outside of my usual comfort-zone because I'm out of my comfort-zone myself at the moment. Things must change both in my life and in my spiritual practice for me to truly seize the moment and utilize my current situation to move forward (that sounded very pragmatistic but I hope you get what I'm saying)

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have two cats myself and just to think about it...

*sending you my warmest hugs and light*

I hope this deck will be helpful!

I sincerely wish that you will not go through the same things that I have. It's life altering and not in a good way all the time. I wish your cats a happy and healthy life, they deserve it

Thank you, I too hope the deck guides me through

Sincerely

-uraszz

Achlys

I'm so sorry about your cat :/
When we lost Fraidy I couldn't stop crying for a straight week.
Take all the time you need to grieve :/

The Mary-El is a very powerful deck.
I was very late to the party with this one myself as I've only gotten it a couple months ago.
But I've found it's excellent for healing, which it sounds like you need at this time.

I honestly wouldn't label it a darker deck. Sure, the colors aren't bright pastels and the imagery is deeper, but overall it reads very light-hearted for me.

I honestly fell in love with this deck and completely understand why a good deal of the tarot community raves about it. You can pull deeper readings from these cards than a lot of other decks.

I hope that it will aid you not only in your tarot journey, but also your healing journey.

Best of luck!

uraszz

I'm so sorry about your cat :/
When we lost Fraidy I couldn't stop crying for a straight week.
Take all the time you need to grieve :/

The Mary-El is a very powerful deck.
I was very late to the party with this one myself as I've only gotten it a couple months ago.
But I've found it's excellent for healing, which it sounds like you need at this time.

I honestly wouldn't label it a darker deck. Sure, the colors aren't bright pastels and the imagery is deeper, but overall it reads very light-hearted for me.

I honestly fell in love with this deck and completely understand why a good deal of the tarot community raves about it. You can pull deeper readings from these cards than a lot of other decks.

I hope that it will aid you not only in your tarot journey, but also your healing journey.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much Achlys. The first day was very hard as we also buried him that day but the following days were confusing. My best friend did everything she could to cheer me up and to an extent it worked, so I thought that I was not grieving Midori's loss as much as I should. I guess the shock is wearing off now because I'm starting to feel that despair come on again like the first day. That's why I wrote "I don't know what's normal and what's not"

I truly felt that Mary-El was the guide and healing tool I needed at this time and it still feels right. I just wish it'd arrive sooner. Do you think it's a bad thing to put all my faith into one object? I feel kind of weak for not doing it on my own with only my thoughts

I'm confused so I'm just going to let things flow and give it time

I'm truly very sorry for your loss and wish that Fraidy and Midori are in a better place, hopefully together

Sincerely

-uraszz

Calayvie

Uraszz

I am so sorry for the loss you are feeling. :(
I haven't read all of the replies but I just want to say that it sounds as though you committed yourself to care for a cat that would have been put to sleep in most other peoples' hands. You took on a self sacrificing, difficult task of caring for an already unwell cat, with love and devotion, and you gave him faith and hope and love. You gave him happiness despite his sickness, and love through his hardest times.
He will never forget your kind heart and loving devotion. Even amidst your guilt and doubt, he knew, he knew you did the best for him, and that is more than enough. He was dearly, dearly loved and you are deeply appreciated, revered, and loved for that.

Don't doubt yourself.

Take the time to grieve. Its a very special time, and although uncomfortable, painful even, you need to go through it in all its exquisite agony.
So don't let anyone make you feel like you should be over it already, or even to look forward to its end! Its all part of the process of loving and letting go.
So take your time.

I hope that the Mary -el offers you insight and comfort. I love the deck, and I love the book. I skim over some of it, but other parts are so beautiful. Sometimes its so beautiful I cry!
If the deck does not do it for you when you get it in your hands, don't worry! Don't try to force anything. You may have given yourself a process that was necessary, the waiting for the deck, and what that gave your soul, what the whole experience gives you, and so it was required. And from there you can let your intuition and your soul to continue to guide you as to what you feel you need. It may not make sense at the time, but it will be for your good. :)

And give the deck time as you see fit. I found it so strong when I first used it, such an abyss. I only used it for 1 card draws for a while and then the 3 card draw from the book.

Know that my, (and many others' by the number of responses!), thoughts are with you.
And I am humbled by your post and the wonderful caring person that I see behind your pain.

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

FLizarraga

First of all, uraszz, I am sorry for your loss. Having had to emigrate, and relocate, more than once in my lifetime, I know in my bones what it means to be a stranger in a strange land. And I can only imagine what you may be feeling when your only loving companion has suddenly passed away.

For some reason, poverty and financial struggle, which are the default reality of most people on this Earth, and have been for millennia, have come to be regarded as shameful. Like it's our fault to be poor. And I see that you feel guilty that you could not afford better care for your lovely Midori. Please don't. You did all you could. Based on what you tell us, Midori was very sickly, and it is highly unlikely that better care would have given him better quality of life, or a longer life, than your love did. Your love probably sustained Midori for far longer than he was supposed to live. And let me tell you something, uraszz: the universe is not as avaricious as banks and lenders are. All the love and care and devotion you poured into Midori will come back to you a thousandfold. And Midori's love, and his blessing, will be with you as a protection for as long as you live. Of that you can be certain.

In such a dark moment, a particular Tarot deck shone like a beacon of hope for you. Such connections are to be trusted. And you could do a lot worse than the Mary-El. Granted, it is an unusual, difficult deck, but it's also a stunningly beautiful, richly spiritual one. I suspect you will have a long, rewarding relationship with it.

It warms my heart to see this thread so full of love and good advice already. And I'm glad you came here in your hour of need. This place of full of wonderful people with deep minds and big, big hearts. It has supported me in some of my darkest moments, and I hope it will do the same for you.

P.S. As for what's normal and what's not, don't sweat it. Normal is a very relative, very overrated term. I wouldn't bother with that if I were you.

Michellehihi

First of all, uraszz, I am sorry for your loss. Having had to emigrate, and relocate, more than once in my lifetime, I know in my bones what it means to be a stranger in a strange land. And I can only imagine what you may be feeling when your only loving companion has suddenly passed away.

For some reason, poverty and financial struggle, which are the default reality of most people on this Earth, and have been for millennia, have come to be regarded as shameful. Like it's our fault to be poor. And I see that you feel guilty that you could not afford better care for your lovely Midori. Please don't. You did all you could. Based on what you tell us, Midori was very sickly, and it is highly unlikely that better care would have given him better quality of life, or a longer life, than your love did. Your love probably sustained Midori for far longer than he was supposed to live. And let me tell you something, uraszz: the universe is not as avaricious as banks and lenders are. All the love and care and devotion you poured into Midori will come back to you a thousandfold. And Midori's love, and his blessing, will be with you as a protection for as long as you live. Of that you can be certain.

In such a dark moment, a particular Tarot deck shone like a beacon of hope for you. Such connections are to be trusted. And you could do a lot worse than the Mary-El. Granted, it is an unusual, difficult deck, but it's also a stunningly beautiful, richly spiritual one. I suspect you will have a long, rewarding relationship with it.

It warms my heart to see this thread so full of love and good advice already. And I'm glad you came here in your hour of need. This place of full of wonderful people with deep minds and big, big hearts. It has supported me in some of my darkest moments, and I hope it will do the same for you.

P.S. As for what's normal and what's not, don't sweat it. Normal is a very relative, very overrated term. I wouldn't bother with that if I were you.
Fliz you are so sweet, I second all that you have said! We are a great community.

uraszz

Uraszz

I am so sorry for the loss you are feeling. :(
I haven't read all of the replies but I just want to say that it sounds as though you committed yourself to care for a cat that would have been put to sleep in most other peoples' hands. You took on a self sacrificing, difficult task of caring for an already unwell cat, with love and devotion, and you gave him faith and hope and love. You gave him happiness despite his sickness, and love through his hardest times.
He will never forget your kind heart and loving devotion. Even amidst your guilt and doubt, he knew, he knew you did the best for him, and that is more than enough. He was dearly, dearly loved and you are deeply appreciated, revered, and loved for that.

Don't doubt yourself.

Take the time to grieve. Its a very special time, and although uncomfortable, painful even, you need to go through it in all its exquisite agony.
So don't let anyone make you feel like you should be over it already, or even to look forward to its end! Its all part of the process of loving and letting go.
So take your time.

I hope that the Mary -el offers you insight and comfort. I love the deck, and I love the book. I skim over some of it, but other parts are so beautiful. Sometimes its so beautiful I cry!
If the deck does not do it for you when you get it in your hands, don't worry! Don't try to force anything. You may have given yourself a process that was necessary, the waiting for the deck, and what that gave your soul, what the whole experience gives you, and so it was required. And from there you can let your intuition and your soul to continue to guide you as to what you feel you need. It may not make sense at the time, but it will be for your good. :)

And give the deck time as you see fit. I found it so strong when I first used it, such an abyss. I only used it for 1 card draws for a while and then the 3 card draw from the book.

Know that my, (and many others' by the number of responses!), thoughts are with you.
And I am humbled by your post and the wonderful caring person that I see behind your pain.

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

I could not seperate these two posts for they were so moving I truly just fell silent and thought about everything I have gone through for the past year and more so the past week. I have struggled for a long, long time and sadly without the much needed compassion of a community besides my family. For the first time I feel like I truly belong and am accepted and understood

The Mary-El was a deck that I was contemplating for a very long time but knew that I was not ready to delve into the depths of. When Midori passed I was (and to an extent still am) floating aimlessly in a void and not the kind that is Unity of all consciousness. The Mary-El was a sudden, out of the blue thought and I ordered it then and there without thinking about the probable difficulties this would cause me financially. It was a lifeline of sorts and it gave me something to look forward to. I'm a Taurus with a very Libra like thought pattern. Structure and methodology is something I favor and something I look for. The Mary-El both keeps within the structural composition of the Tarot but also breaks it so gracefully that I know that it's going to push my limits and that's something I need

I sincerely from the bottom of my heart thank you. I am very happy that I am here and can continue to be a part of this extraordinarily beautiful community

Sincerely

-uraszz

Thoughtful

Dear (((urazz:heart:))) l feel your pain so much, l have been through this process of grief so many times with many of my pets. l know how devastated you feel, it takes time to come to terms with your strong emotions.

l do hope that by using and learning the Mary El you will find something to ease your pain. It's a Tarot l have often looked at, and as of now it still remains one l look at. l would be very interested to know how you get on with it.

You had that sudden need to have this particular deck, so maybe your little Midori is urging you to get it as gift from him.
Bless you