just recieved tarot of dreams

etherial dreams

The cards are stunning......the only thing I am frustrated about is the size of the cards....They are so big i can't shuffle them properly...now I am in a major dilemma....I absolutly adore this deck but am I going to be able to read with it?I don't have that much space as it is.........:(

6 Haunted Days

You'll get used to it the more you just practice and shuffle. It does get easier, I promise! The ToD is very worth the effort.

My first few huge decks I had some major difficulties. Try different styles of shuffling and handling the cards.

Now that I can shuffle large decks with ease, I enjoy it. It's a different feel, energy and process than my normal size decks and now I love it.

etherial dreams

Thank you!!I feel a bit better now....Do you have any tips on shuffling the cards?

Grizabella

I have the same problem. I read that others can shuffle them but I have yet to be able to do it the regular way. I have to deal the cards out into 4 or 5 piles and then put the deck back together to get them mixed up. But it's a beautiful deck, so it's worth doing things a little bit differently. :) I hope Ciro's next deck won't be so big, though.

etherial dreams

Why do certain decks have to be so big anyway?It's really making me think in the back of my mind of working with the gilded instead...but the tarot of dreams is so much more beautiful.....

tapestry

etherial dreams said:
The cards are stunning......the only thing I am frustrated about is the size of the cards....They are so big i can't shuffle them properly...now I am in a major dilemma....I absolutly adore this deck but am I going to be able to read with it?I don't have that much space as it is.........:(

Which finish did you get -- the satin or the glossy?

etherial dreams

glossy....does it make a big difference?

tapestry

etherial dreams said:
glossy....does it make a big difference?

I don't have either one, so I don't know, but I was just curious as to which you got as I'm also thinking of getting ToD but am trying to decide on the finish....

Jewel

etherial dreams said:
Why do certain decks have to be so big anyway?
Might be that the artist wants you to be able to see more details in the image ... the little things that in a standard sized deck might not be as noticeable or might go unnoticed.

planetmoon

Good one! I will order this deck later on this year, at the moment I am gettign to know the Thoth.

Enjoy!