King of cups and the moon

StarScream

The moon as feelings and king if cups as level if interest

Perhaps this combination is saying that the person in question has deep romantic feelings(moon) for the person asking and that they are being careful to express them at inappropriate times, like they re waiting for the right moment to say I live you(kofc)

What do you guys think?

iseekserendipity

I am nobody, but this is how I feel it ;)

The way I would read this combination is that the Moon represents turmoil (an avalanche of feelings, confusion, you don't even know what is real and what is imaginary/projected anymore) while the King of Cups wants to root those emotions, if that makes sense. The King of Cups needs to detach somewhat to better understand (and incorporate) those feelings. The Moon is like being submerged in feelings. You need to keep in mind that I consider all Major Arcana cards as Lessons, so the Moon is you choose: you let yourself drown or you go with the flow but somehow stay anchored (knowing you'll only know what is real when you've faced your fears and reality as it is and not as you perceive it).

(s)He (the King of Cups) needs to stay anchored. As I see it. But it's a lot (the feelings). And *so much* may be projected now.

My 2 cents for what they're worth ;)

StarScream

The way I would read this combination is that the Moon represents turmoil (an avalanche of feelings, confusion, you don't even know what is real and what is imaginary/projected anymore) while the King of Cups wants to root those emotions, if that makes sense. The King of Cups needs to detach somewhat to better understand (and incorporate) those feelings. The Moon is like being submerged in feelings. You need to keep in mind that I consider all Major Arcana cards as Lessons, so the Moon is you choose: you let yourself drown or you go with the flow but somehow stay anchored (knowing you'll only know what is real when you've faced your fears and reality as it is and not as you perceive it).

(s)He (the King of Cups) needs to stay anchored. As I see it. But it's a lot (the feelings). And *so much* may be projected now.

My 2 cents for what they're worth ;)

I don't quite understand where you're getting a need for detachment?

iseekserendipity

I don't quite understand where you're getting a need for detachment?

Hi StarScream. I personally find the Moon magical, but I've always found it partly overwhelming/confusing in that sense, specifically in the context of feelings. I also see the King of Cups as very in touch with his feelings, but more in control of them. And he's in it for the long term (emotionally, as a level of interest).

The association is enjoying things as they are but not basing any decision on that whirlwind of feelings... Only deciding once a clearer image and the magic has somewhat dissipated. If that makes sense.

But then again, that's me and those are my associations and that's what the KoC has taught me. :)

StarScream

Hi StarScream. I personally find the Moon magical, but I've always found it partly overwhelming/confusing in that sense, specifically in the context of feelings. I also see the King of Cups as very in touch with his feelings, but more in control of them. And he's in it for the long term (emotionally, as a level of interest).

The association is enjoying things as they are but not basing any decision on that whirlwind of feelings... Only deciding once a clearer image and the magic has somewhat dissipated. If that makes sense.

But then again, that's me and those are my associations and that's what the KoC has taught me. :)

Yes. This makes total sense because we've both been single for like 3 years although I've had flings that lasted a long time but this is the first real thing that's come up an it is totally overwhelming and confusing because for so long you're single and things don't work out then you meet someone who you totally fall or in such a shirt period of time and bam you're together and you just know it's right, so yes very overwhelming!

StarScream

And plus I guess if rather him be overwhelmed than underwhelmed lol

StarScream

Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Grizabella

I see the Moon to be caautionary to some extent. It can be a warning to look before you leap or not to rush into something because you're likely not seeing things clearly. The real moon has a dark side and it's also always changing, even though by little bits. In moonlight you can't always see things as they are. You have to sort of look just to the edge of things to see them better. The tide ebbs and flows and so does the moon in its own way. The King of Cups can be quite emotional and changeable and he's got his dark side as well.

StarScream

I see the Moon to be caautionary to some extent. It can be a warning to look before you leap or not to rush into something because you're likely not seeing things clearly. The real moon has a dark side and it's also always changing, even though by little bits. In moonlight you can't always see things as they are. You have to sort of look just to the edge of things to see them better. The tide ebbs and flows and so does the moon in its own way. The King of Cups can be quite emotional and changeable and he's got his dark side as well.

So you think he's feeling cautious? I don't get it is this combination a good or bad one?

Grizabella

So you think he's feeling cautious? I don't get it is this combination a good or bad one?

He could be feeling cautious, but I think it also tells the questioner to be aware that there may be darker elements to the situation and that they should be sure to proceed carefully until they can discover what it is that they're being cautioned against, if anything. There may not be actual physical danger, but still there could be factors at play that the sitter would want to be aware of so he/she can get involved more---or not----depending on what they discover.

If this were a reading on a potential romance, I think this is a good example of what I always say about it being better to grow into love instead of falling into it. :)