King of swords as emotions

summerbutterfly

I recently did the Rose relationship spread posted here:http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57940

and got the King of swords twice in the emotions regarding this relationship both for myself and for a friend. Both were romantic relationship readings. I am a little confused as to how do I interpret the King. I see the king as no-nonsense, tries to cut through all the bs, and tries to be fair. But I also see him as unemotional, as though the passion and lovey-dovey feelings of wands and cups has flown out the door. on the other hand, I have been told that just because he is all logic, doesn't mean he doesn't love,he just "thinks" love.

how would you interpret this card in this position ?

jenessa

As you have noted this King is unemotional.
^^ Indeed, he is a man completely and utterly ruled BY reason and logic, and one who can not be swayed by emotion.

As far as this "spread position", I doubt this King would have any "emotions about the relationship", given that his thoughts do not leave room for emotions.
^^ (Or in otherwords, he's the type who uses his head exclusively over his heart, so feelings don't count for much with this guy).

& Having said that, he would base any decisions "about the relationship" on what is true, not on what could be.

As a Love Interest, the King of Swords is the type of man who is seeking a counterpart who is equally competent & straight forward, tho he will nonetheless insist on ruling the roost.

PS: This King has alot of good qualities, tho he's not the "emotional type"

Carla

The King of Sword loves and he can love intensely. But he does not sacrifice honor or rightness or duty or logic for love. He makes tough choices based on his ideas of right and wrong. But he loves. Think Atticus Finch.

summerbutterfly

As a Love Interest, the King of Swords is the type of man who is seeking a counterpart who is equally competent & straight forward, tho he will nonetheless insist on ruling the roost.

Yes, this sounds like my guy. He wants a career woman, is infatuated with degrees and accomplishments, and likes for people to come to him asking for advice and his time. And yes, I can see him trying to rule the roost.

Thanks !!

summerbutterfly

The King of Sword loves and he can love intensely. But he does not sacrifice honor or rightness or duty or logic for love. He makes tough choices based on his ideas of right and wrong. But he loves. Think Atticus Finch.

Atticus Finch !!!!! - you hit on my favorite book... to kill a mockingbird.....love, love, love that book. So many good lessons to learn and reflect upon.

I can relate now the King to Atticus.....I was always under the impression that the K of Swords was more cold dictator/emperor type....

Thanks !!!

Thirteen

Although the Swords are about the intellect rather than the emotion, this doesn't mean they are emotion-less. As pointed out, they can have very strong emotions: they love harmony, beauty, balance, justice, fairness, science, good communications. They want the evidence to prove a man's guilt, and they hate when people are emotional and illogical, ignoring the facts for what they want to be true. Alternately, they can be anxious, paranoid, etc. All these relate to emotions. They are, however, emotions ruled by the head rather than the heart.

If you want a man of passion or romance, this isn't the man. You won't get hearts and flowers from him, he doesn't understand that. And you won't move him by quoting Romeo and Juliet. The irrational doesn't thrill or excite or move him--it bothers him and he wants nothing to do with it. But if you discuss a complex problem with him, involving all kinds of details and research, he'll be in heaven and he'll love you. That's where his emotions lie.

I was always under the impression that the K of Swords was more cold dictator/emperor type....
The Emperor is all the Kings mixed together, and so has all the qualities of them. However, in the Rider/Waite/Golden Dawn tradition The Emperor is labeled as an Aries, and so if any of the kings is at the "top" it's the King/Wands. Which makes him fiery and passionate. He can be a dictator (all the Kings can be dictators in their way--King/Cups is an emotional dictator), but he is by no means a cold dictator. A Napoleon type. He has a very great vision of an Empire of arts, philosophy, ethics, etc. and a very hot temper when crossed.

summerbutterfly

Although the Swords are about the intellect rather than the emotion, this doesn't mean they are emotion-less. As pointed out, they can have very strong emotions: they love harmony, beauty, balance, justice, fairness, science, good communications. They want the evidence to prove a man's guilt, and they hate when people are emotional and illogical, ignoring the facts for what they want to be true. Alternately, they can be anxious, paranoid, etc. All these relate to emotions. They are, however, emotions ruled by the head rather than the heart.

If you want a man of passion or romance, this isn't the man. You won't get hearts and flowers from him, he doesn't understand that. And you won't move him by quoting Romeo and Juliet. The irrational doesn't thrill or excite or move him--it bothers him and he wants nothing to do with it. But if you discuss a complex problem with him, involving all kinds of details and research, he'll be in heaven and he'll love you. That's where his emotions lie.

This sounds like him. He doesn't seem like he is all into romance, although being a leo, he can be passionate. This Leo is also very calculating, which explains how he has managed to reach the top position in such a short period of time. But I guess in this rose spread the possibility of romance is being calculated with the emotions that rule his head and not his heart. So different from us girls..... :)

PAMUYA

I recently did the Rose relationship spread posted here:http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=57940

and got the King of swords twice in the emotions regarding this relationship both for myself and for a friend. Both were romantic relationship readings. I am a little confused as to how do I interpret the King. I see the king as no-nonsense, tries to cut through all the bs, and tries to be fair. But I also see him as unemotional, as though the passion and lovey-dovey feelings of wands and cups has flown out the door. on the other hand, I have been told that just because he is all logic, doesn't mean he doesn't love,he just "thinks" love.

how would you interpret this card in this position ?

His emotions: King of Swords. He is a man's man. When he loves, he loves hard, will give his all. He is not warm and fuzzy. If you talk to him about your problems, he isn't one to just listen and give you a hug, he will tell you how to fix it. If you cross him or are disloyal, he can and probably will dump you quickly without any hesitation, he will not put up with that, no matter how much he loves you. As stated above he is not emotionless, he just does not wear his emotions on his sleeve.

summerbutterfly

His emotions: King of Swords. He is a man's man. When he loves, he loves hard, will give his all. He is not warm and fuzzy. If you talk to him about your problems, he isn't one to just listen and give you a hug, he will tell you how to fix it. If you cross him or are disloyal, he can and probably will dump you quickly without any hesitation, he will not put up with that, no matter how much he loves you. As stated above he is not emotionless, he just does not wear his emotions on his sleeve.

Thank you for the clarification. I sometimes doubt where all of this is going bc he is not demonstrative.

Aset

Oh I LOVE this analogy! Spot on!