Knight of Swords, Reversed 7 of Swords, and The Empress as an Outcome?

Wheeler5

Ok so I was doing a tarot reading for a friend about a relationship that recently ended for her. The querent was inquiring if her and her previous love interest would reunite and in the outcome position I pulled the knight of swords, reversed 7 of swords, and the empress. I took this is mean yes, he will come back to her but maybe not in the way she was hoping for. I see the KOS n this position to represent someone who is impulsive . So could this mean he may act hastily kinda of like act first, think about it later in regards to returning to her? The reversed seven of swords to me indicates maybe feeling remorseful or like there is unfinished business between the two of them but I know the upright position is a big card for deceit, so when it's reversed could he still be trying to trick her in some way still but going about it in a different way? The last card was the empress. I think this card represents the querent herself because she is very nurturing/compassionate but I'm confused as to how all of these tie into together. I am fairly new to tarot so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

kx5

Ok so I was doing a tarot reading for a friend about a relationship that recently ended for her. The querent was inquiring if her and her previous love interest would reunite and in the outcome position I pulled the knight of swords, reversed 7 of swords, and the empress. I took this is mean yes, he will come back to her but maybe not in the way she was hoping for. I see the KOS n this position to represent someone who is impulsive . So could this mean he may act hastily kinda of like act first, think about it later in regards to returning to her? The reversed seven of swords to me indicates maybe feeling remorseful or like there is unfinished business between the two of them but I know the upright position is a big card for deceit, so when it's reversed could he still be trying to trick her in some way still but going about it in a different way? The last card was the empress. I think this card represents the querent herself because she is very nurturing/compassionate but I'm confused as to how all of these tie into together. I am fairly new to tarot so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I see it like this. (Did you use a specific layout for your cards BTW?)

The KoS is indeed impulsive. He'll run back to her sooner or later, eager to be with her again. However, soon afterwards the 7oS will kick in, and he will start to doubt whether he did well to have returned. Then the Empress would mean that at the end of the day, all the issues will be clarified, the couple will be reunited and they'll have a prosperous life together.

Or the KoS is the young man's significator, the Empress is your friend's significator, and the 7oS is what will happen between them. In which case, we could see that first of all this young man is immature and insignificant compared to the very Empress herself, and as such the relationship should better not progress. The 7oS here could mean that both of them would do better to not pursue the matter further, to put the swords right back where they found them, to return to a state of not having much to do with each other and only keep the memories.

But this is only my take on it, I don't know whether either one of these interpretations is valid or if I am missing something.

Wheeler5

KX5- the position for all of these cards was the outcome. I could actually see both of your interperations happening for this situation. I agree with you in that the KOS represents her ex as he is very immature/impulsive/quickly to come and quickly to leave. I feel she is the empress with her very mothering /compassionate nature but how would you interperate the reversed 7 of swords. Since the card is reversed and not upright could it possibly signify an apology on his part?

kx5

KX5- the position for all of these cards was the outcome. I could actually see both of your interperations happening for this situation. I agree with you in that the KOS represents her ex as he is very immature/impulsive/quickly to come and quickly to leave. I feel she is the empress with her very mothering /compassionate nature but how would you interperate the reversed 7 of swords. Since the card is reversed and not upright could it possibly signify an apology on his part?

I personally see the 7oS as he will choose to not contact her, or may even deceive her/fake an interest in her, which one way or another will make your friend leave him. I don't think he will apologise, at best he may try to device other strategies to get back with her, which at the end of the day will be too complicated to work, and that will cause a break up again.

That is, if we accept the second interpretation. Forgive my lack of certainty.