Knowing your future

Bluebonnet

This may be a silly question. I have not worked with tarot for very long, so hopefully the long term experts here on the forum will take it easy on me.:)

For those who have been reading for 10+ years, do you already know about the major events in your life before they happen? Two situations made me curious....make it three. I have a friend who had a reading 20 years ago. She was not married yet, and the reader told her that she would marry twice and have 3 girls. Another had a reading about 10 years ago, and the reader stated she would marry once and have 3 kids. So far, everything has been true.

There is a reader on this forum that was told he would have more than one wife, and one wife would die young. I noticed that this person is now asking about the wife he has not met, and how she will die young.

So, the question is.....do many of you already know your distant future? Meaning the major events in your future were known, so they were not a surprise when they happened.

B

gregory

I certainly don't. But I take the view that destiny is fluid and fate is fixed - and I don't believe tarot deals in fate. I think we do have free will, so the future cannot be set in stone.

tarotcognito

I`m with gregory on this, i.e. fate (or destiny, to me they are largely interchangeable terms) is the web we weave from the choices we make. Ergo I don`t believe the future is set in stone - barring any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.

Case in point: I`ve had a reader tell me fifteen years ago that she saw in my future a tall, dark-haired man and three boys - presumably the sons I would have by this man. Seeing as I have never liked children and have no desire to have any, or even get married for that matter, I highly doubt tihs major life event will happen.

Unless, of course, I end up meeting a dark-haired dude who has three boys from a previous relationship. But then it would still be my decision to move in with him or not.

Roy

you can predict the future but not with tarot. The cards always change and are just estimations. I don't put faith in tarot readings for that because its limited

If you wanted to know the future you should learn traditional astrology or learn to read palms

tarotbear

If you wanted to know the future you should learn traditional astrology or learn to read palms

Have to disagree with you on that. If the stars had that knowledge then we would get into the 'free will' argument. A natal chart may tell some very specific and correct things but if the stars compelled you to do something as opposed to impel you to do something ... ?

The future is a crap shoot. What will/can happen in the next minute, day, week is probably predictable, but the fact that you will have a 79-year lifespan and be crushed while having 3-way sex with an ibex and an python on top of the Empire State Building... ain't up there in the cosmos.

The OP asks how we live if we know what is going to happen (ultimately) to us from reading the Tarot, which presumes that THAT is why we read Tarot. My answer is 'Que sera, sera.' I am 57 and my parents lived into their 80s (and Mom may make 90) so maybe in 20 years I'll be asking for the 'answer' - but for the moment I am too busy living to worry about how or when I am going to die. 'If' is a given. I read Tarot to smooth out the bumps, avoid a few bumps, and to find I cannot change a few bumps. I didn't learn to read Tarot to find out how or when or how I was going to die.

Annabelle

Sometimes I see the future through the cards, and sometimes - not always - what I see does actually come to pass.

But then, I've also seen the future through dreams and visions, without the need for tarot cards.

I handle these psychic flashes as they come, I guess . . . sometimes I change my course of action, sometimes I tell others if the information concerns them, but mostly I just make a mental note and just carry on living my life.

Amanda

I "knew" when I was 9 years old that I would marry a man named Shawn. I still remember how it felt to have that information just pop into my head. And I always had an inclination that I'd have a boy and a girl. But that had nothing to do with tarot. I did marry my husband, Shawn, 10 years later- but instead of having a boy then a girl, I had a girl then a boy. But I felt my son's presence so strongly when I was pregnant for my daughter, I was sure that I was having a boy until about 6 months into my pregnancy when I was walking through a store and looked over at a little pink dress and the information just popped into my head, "No, you're having a girl."

I remember going to a tarot reader when I was 17 or 18 (and was just dating my husband at the time)... we both went and had our sessions separately. I went first and the lady told me that I would go to New York for work and meet a man, and have 2 children -possibly 3, she wasn't sure if this third entity would be another child or a deeply loved pet. My husband at the time was a different person-- young, had been through the ringer with many nasty girls that treated him badly, so needless to say he was a bit possessive over me -- she told him we wouldn't be together and he pressed for more information as to why because it put him into a panic, and I believe she told him that his possessiveness would drive me away -- so he pressed further, wanting to know if we would stay together if he changed his ways, etc. and she said yes, and he did and here we are. LOL Even though I hadn't really thought about leaving him or going to New York at the time, it seems like there was a very good probability that what she said could have happened. There was a time (before my husband ever came into the picture) when I was visiting New York where I thought, "I could live here." The tarot reader didn't know that when she gave me the reading!

So, if you take into consideration that I already 'knew' at 9 years old that I would marry a man named Shawn, then why would this tarot reader say to my husband that we wouldn't be together? There are a couple of options: 1) I would marry a different man by the name of Shawn, or 2) My husband had some issues that were pulling him off course at the time and those needed to be addressed. Because I don't doubt the information that popped into my own mind when I was 9... it came from another place outside of me, and you can feel the difference, or at least, I believe that I can. So, I actually trust those flashes of insight more than I trust my ability to read tarot, even though those flashes haven't occurred very often, and I do tarot pretty much everyday.

So my stance on this is that there are some things set in stone that we are perhaps "aiming" for and are necessary to the lessons we have to learn in our lives... but the choices we make help determine when or if we get to those things... you know, maybe it's fated for me to hit the lottery... but I never play the lottery. But then again, maybe some day I'll buy a ticket on a whim and hit it just when the time is right... I guess I don't totally believe in 100 percent completely free will and creating your destiny... I do feel that some things are just there waiting to happen *to* you. And maybe those things are there as a result of a string of choices you've made.

I can honestly say to you right now, that I have no inclination of any more major events that could occur in my life. If I wanted to know though, I would probably go to a psychic and see what that person says, because I just don't feel that I can see that far ahead (especially for myself!) with plain old tarot cards. It's the intuitive flashes that have occurred when I wasn't even trying that have been 100 percent accurate.

VGimlet

Well, sometimes but not always.

I kind of reverse predicted who I would marry when I was a kid. I had a list. Never named Ken, and NEVER younger than me. There were a few others from that list too, hah. I will say that although I had to suck it up and eat my 'Nevers' (thus learning a valuble lesson about that word) that he also DID match the positive things I wanted my partner to have - characteristics, likes and dislikes. I actually found it years later, and the things he didn't match when we first got together he did by then. :D A few of the 'noes had changed, as well.

I have known about some big events in my life before hand. I have known about small ones, too. And sometimes I haven't wanted to listen to the cards, and ignored the message. And sometimes there has been not a glimmer of a clue. I think I make the choice not to know at times, because life would be pretty boring if we knew all about it ahead of time. Sometimes it's nice to get a heads up, but I don't think I'd want to know every little detail. I like some excitement in my life.

But I also feel that tarot can sometimes show us the 'might be' as well as the 'will be' and we can make the decision if it's a path we want to follow, or not.

Carla

I knew, or perhaps wished very fervently in some dark recess of my heart (though who knows why I would come up with this particular wish), that I would live in England and marry an Englishman. Which I did. Eventually.

I knew this when I was a kid, maybe 14 or 15? But by 20 I was married to a local boy and had a 15-year marriage with him. Never in that time could I envision myself being old with him. I thought that meant I would die young. I didn't realise it meant a second life, of sorts, awaited me.

I have now lived in England with my husband for 10 years; the happiest years of my life in many ways.

Tarot, however, never told me any of this, and I don't think it can.

danieljuk

I've never yet had a prediction made by someone about my long term future or from a reading by myself come true by any method. I have had amazing results with less than 12 months but after that have yet to see something that is as predicted. But I am keeping open minded about this and maybe the predictions are yet to come true.

I do know people where very destined things have come true like the stories here. Very precise details but it must be difficult to get accurate predictions because the universe does change so much! I do believe that there is some events destined to happen but also we have an element of free will. If we don't go down that road that day, we don't meet that love of our love, etc.

I would like to know some things that are going to happen, will I marry? and various key life events. But I wouldn't like to know the date I die or of anyone I loved. I guess its a personal choice if you want to know the future or not and they might come true or might not. I have had an intuitive feeling currently that some great things on the way :)