Last Card

ros

I was just thinking lol

Has anyone read a spread from the last card to the first? I have never thought of that before & I think it could work .

I usually read magazines from the back to front , actually a lot of things that way. Does anyone else?

Jewel-ry

I did actually do this once with a three card spread. I cant remember the cards or even the question but I can remember thinking 'OK lets see what they look like backwards'. It was so disjointed I never tried it again!

J :)

TemperanceAngel

My mother-in-law does, she always lays the last card first and so on and so forth, claiming it jolts your consciousness and you still get the same reading as if done the other way around.
I am not so sure.....
XTAX

Majecot

My friend has done that frequently when there have been a lot of majors in my readings.. she has also done Majors only after a reading the she felt more guidence was needed...

I don't think that I have ever done that personally. ( altho the memory seems to be going lately so I could be wrong in that ..lol)

Star Spirit

That is weird. Haha...

I should try that sometime. You'd think tarot would read the same no matter which direction you read it in, as long as the cards are in the same positions. Not sure how well I'd do it though :D

casia

My first deck of cards were the Tarot IJJ ( really hard to read, by the way) an the book that came with them said the spreads should be read from left to right. I?ve always read them this way, is there a difference?. I haven?t read them from the last to the first but it sounds interesting.

jmd

The 'last card' will depend if the spread used has a particular ordering. For example, a spread I occasionally use just has cards flicked onto the table (or the cloth covering the table, to be precise).

In spreads such as the Celtic Cross, or even in 'timed' three card spreads (past/present/future), then I normally prefer to read one card at a time, allowing the card to be turned upright as the narrative emerges. However, I may also go 'backwards', for the 'last' card often instructs the whole spread. Revising, or reading, from this final card 'back' to its numerous components is something which can not only be useful, but assist in clarifying the narrative already spoken.

TemperanceAngel

I forgot to mention that my mother-in-law takes the cards from the bottom of the stack, as oppossed to top.
That is my thinking on what you mean by last card??
XTAX

casia

Sorry... I messed up I meant I read the spread from right to left, and I use a 7 card spread. (Sorry I?m dislexic)

ros

casia:
do you use the first card on the right as the beginning card or the end card?