Learning the Court Cards?

DaughterOfDanu

I learned how to read Tarot cards via Josephine Ellershaw's book "Easy Tarot"
I can say I have a fairly good grip on the major and minor arcana.
The only problem is, I've never quite understood the court cards.
Some people say they represent the people in the reading. Others say they represent further actions and situations.
How did you learn the court cards? Any tips, tricks or advice you can give me?

Thanks. I know I'm asking a lot of questions on the forum lately, but I'm just so happy to finally have access to people who know Tarot. Thanks again guys!

Golden Moon

When it comes to the court cards, you have to use your intuition to know what the court cards are talking about. I use them as messengers and I've applied keywords to all 16 of the court cards..

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic!

Check out Post 6 of the Table of Contents - The Cards sticky note at the top of this forum for some already indexed threads on the Court Cards.

Courts can be people involved in the situation or attributes related to the situation. It takes practice to know which one a particular Court is at any given point in time.

Rodney

Carla

TreeLeafe said:
I learned how to read Tarot cards via Josephine Ellershaw's book "Easy Tarot"
I can say I have a fairly good grip on the major and minor arcana.
The only problem is, I've never quite understood the court cards.
Some people say they represent the people in the reading. Others say they represent further actions and situations.
How did you learn the court cards? Any tips, tricks or advice you can give me?

Thanks. I know I'm asking a lot of questions on the forum lately, but I'm just so happy to finally have access to people who know Tarot. Thanks again guys!

If you go to the 'Learn' section of this website, there are some fantastic explanations of the court cards. They will really help you. It also helped me to think of 1)someone I know who is like the court cards and 2) think of a character from a book, movie, cartoon, etc that is like that court card. I wrote them down in a little chart in my tarot journal to refer to.

pandan49

There is another possible interpretation that sometimes seems appropriate with court cards too. A court card could represent an aspect of the person requesting the reading.