Lee Bursten's Universal TdM companion

Lleminawc

is it available separately from the deck?

I got an early copy of the Universal TdM assuming I'd be able to get the book later, but it only seems available as part of a set.

Mariana

Officially it exists as a separate book, but somehow the book doesn't seem to be published separately yet. I've ordered it a while back, but apparently it's not available yet...

suedeheadsmiths

Lee

I just bought the Universal TDM and his book is really good, except if you're a Rider Waite fanatic like I am, it might bug you because he doesn't really say anything concrete about the meanings of the Pips. It is pretty deck though. I'm very happy with the whole package over all.

Chris

Sulis

suedeheadsmiths said:
I just bought the Universal TDM and his book is really good, except if you're a Rider Waite fanatic like I am, it might bug you because he doesn't really say anything concrete about the meanings of the Pips. It is pretty deck though. I'm very happy with the whole package over all.

Chris

That's because there isn't anything concrete about the meaning of the Pips...
That's what's so wonderful about the Tarot de Marseilles - those pips get your intuition to really kick in because there is no 'vision' of a deck artist to contend with.

fferyllt

The book that came with the kit I purchased is not bound as a traditional book but rather is stapled at the fold. I was surprised by this when I opened the kit. It has 64 pages. The ISBN number is 8883956060 (or 9788839560605 in the longer version). It seems more like a booklet, not something I would expect to see sold separately at the local bookstore. I think it is a very good book, though, and hope you will be able to find it.

Lleminawc

I hope at least that's 64 pages in English, and not like 8 pages in 8 different languages in true LS style ...

fferyllt

Lleminawc said:
I hope at least that's 64 pages in English, and not like 8 pages in 8 different languages in true LS style ...

Oh, yes, it is all in English! Sorry, I forgot with LS is might not be clear.

Queen of Disks

I just tried to type this a couple of minutes ago and the power blipped where I am. :bugeyed: So let's try this again...

I just got this yesterday, and I like the book (and the deck.) Figuring out meanings for the Minors without resorting to RWS meanings will be a challenge (I have had trouble with unillustrated or semi-illustrated minors before.) Any tips anybody can give me is greatly appreciated.