Lenormand deck spares, etc

olivia1

i was just wondering, for you all that use lenormands regularly, how often do you find yourself needing to replace your deck? and how do you shuffle mix/ the cards?

i read with the Piatnik lenormand deck and it is by far my favorite. i have gone through 2 decks already, though, because i riffle shuffle. so i now just do the side shuffle kind of thing. I am on my 3rd copy of this deck. I feel like I should have a spare on hand, even though i'm sure this deck will last me years. do you all keep spares too? if so how many

Topaz71

I find that I don't riffle shuffle my Lenormand decks. The pile seems too thin. I just do hand over hand. I haven't seen any damage to mine yet and I use mainly my Postmark or the Lilac Twilight. I will say that the Lilac is one tough little deck- the cards feel like they are made of plastic.

Miss Divine

I riffle AND hand over hand shuffle. I have gone through atleast 6 copies in the past several years. But then they get used ALOT. At the moment I have a spare of the Carta Mundi, Piatnik, Viola, and Iris. The Iris was my first and was my favorite (not fancy at all but just clicked well), but they have less lamination than the others so they wear quicker.

Been using my others more now because of better cardstock.

DownUnderNZer

I use the BLUE OWL and have to replace it every 6 to 9 months.

Not because of fading or wear and tear, but because they collect muck so easily even if you clean your hands. Its like different surfaces rub off on them and they get cloggy and dirty around the edges then this extends to the cards themselves no matter how much I CLEAN them or put them in a box or wrap. They are thin and maybe do not have the BEST card coating.

I was about to swap over to the MYSTICAL as I have a pack NOW and ordered TWO more...only it seems they are not being produced anymore...so am not sure what to do as I did want to try something different. And one that doesnt have to be replaced so often! :)

I want DURABLE....

olivia1

Not because of fading or wear and tear, but because they collect muck so easily even if you clean your hands. Its like different surfaces rub off on them and they get cloggy and dirty around the edges then this extends to the cards themselves no matter how much I CLEAN them or put them in a box or wrap. They are thin and maybe do not have the BEST card coating.

I was about to swap over to the MYSTICAL as I have a pack NOW and ordered TWO more...only it seems they are not being produced anymore...so am not sure what to do as I did want to try something different. And one that doesnt have to be replaced so often! :)

I want DURABLE....

i know what you mean. i had the same problem with my Blue Owl. With my Piatnik too, to an extent. to combat that, i just try not to hold the cards in my hand for very long. this has helped immensely

and really the mystical is oop?

yes, aj, the LS lenormand is very nice. im considering getting it.

Carla

Wow! That is amazing!

I don't riffle my Lenormands because I find them awkwardly small and the deck too thin to riffle without bending the heck out of them and shooting them all over the room. :D I guess it's good I just do hand over hand. I just got the French Cartomancy deck which is proving to be a fast favourite (yes, I like it more than the Melissa), we'll see how that one holds up.

Le Fanu

ithe LS lenormand is very nice. im considering getting it.
erm... just a warning; from the sounds of your shuffling it'll last about a week (if that). I have never had any Lenormands give up the ghost on me. And the Piatnik is probably one of the most resistant r.e cardstock. What are you doing with them? :D

But the LoS is - of all my decks - the one that has shown the most wear and it isn't the one I use the most.

If my shuffling were destroying so many decks, I think I'd change my method! It seems weird to use a technique that actively destroys your things. It's not like it's the only way to shuffle. But then I suppose they're cheap so if you don't mind the expense...

DownUnderNZer; who told you the Mystical is OOp? I haven't seen or heard that.

Bernice

Ass!

I mainly use my least favourite deck (image-wise) because I use it for testing/experimenting with spreads etc. It's stood up to lots of shuffling and wear for several years now. It's the ASS!

Bee x

Miss Divine

I have the ASS, but find the images too busy for a GT. Maybe others don't mind that, but I find the Melissa too busy for GT also.