Letting Go Spread?

holdsupthesky

Tomorrow is the final hearing for my divorce and my soon-ex cannot seem to let go and accept that it's over and has been for a long time. Without going into too much detail, I'll say this...we've not seen one another for about a year and a half and have had written communication only. He has vacillated between acceptance and stubborn determination that "God can heal our marriage" which is a delusion of his since it would take me believing the same way he does. He continues to "share scripture" with me in spite of the fact that he is well aware of the fact that I am not interested. So since tomorrow is the final date, I am going to send him the results of a reading I want to do to give him some insight into how to let go? Maybe something to do with his denial that we will "stay married even if the judge issues a piece of paper." I'm not afraid he'll stalk me, he lives many states away and is unable to travel. But anyhow........can anybody suggest a spread (or make one up for me?) that I can send him. Tongue in cheek, I was thinking of making one that is in the shape of a Handbasket since that he what he thinks is my mode of travel as I journey to my "final destination" :) if I continue to read tarot. LOL. I am really not trying to be obstinate with him but I feel if he can keep sending me scriptures from the bible to back up what HE says is the right thing to do, surely it can't be "wrong" for me to share with him?

Thanks for any help you might offer.

MercyMe

While I know you asked for a spread, and I think I recall seeing one in the Spreads Index here, I just wanted to share that I can relate to your situation somewhat. I used to be a very conservative Christian many moons ago and I understand what your ex is doing and why, from his point of view. I agree that he needs to accept the reality of the situation. However, that's not really your concern, is it? He will, in his own time. Evidenced by his remark that you're going to hell in a handbasket, it is clear that he cannot accept the path you've chosen for yourself and I doubt he'd listen to anything coming from the cards.

I suspect he would be as closed off to hearing from tarot as you are from hearing him spout scripture. My advice would be to speak to him in a language he can actually hear. In the book of 1Corinthians, Paul urges Christians who are married to nonChristians to stay together if both are so inclined, but, he says: "But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."(1 Cor 7:15 KJV) Your ex should be seeking peace with you, not trying to keep you where you don't want to be. I think, if anything, words such as these would have a better chance of reaching him than any tarot reading would.

But here's a spread if you must:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=56695

datura-noir

"I am going to send him the results of a reading I want to do to give him some insight into how to let go?"

I think somebody cannot be a wife-in-process-of-divorce and a good fairy (psychotherapist, tarot reader, life-teacher) at the same time. I've heard about situations when married lovers asked the woman to "do some magic to my making a decision" and more like that. Usually it is manipulation of the partner in order to decline the responsibility. Or the play "Can you convince me?" (Of course you not. Not in such a way.)

holdsupthesky

Thank you both for the words of wisdom. I realized later when truly thinking about it, I would never really send him a reading! I was working off some frustration from the latest plea he sent. I truly do realize that FOR HIM it is good for him to be where he is at with his faith and it is good for me to be where I am with mine. I know it would have been childish to actually send him one and I am sure I would have regretted it the second it dropped into the mail slot, but it sure did feel good to think about it! On a different note, I did one for myself regarding the situation and it was spot on.

MercyMe, I actually had chosen that spread you suggested once before but for myself when I was having a hard time letting go of a situation. Thanks for reminding me about that one, it was good for me at the time.