little czech oracle deck..........

tinkerbell

I noticed these for sale on Baba Prague's site when I went shopping for my Victorian Romantic a couple of months back. It looked a cute deck so I popped one in my basket, despite the fact that the LWB was not in English.
So along came the order and the little oracle deck is gorgeous indeed. The pictures are cute and each card has the title on it in 4 different languages (including English).
The artwork reminds me of that on the "mystical lenormand" deck-it's very pretty.
My p[roblem is that I'd really like to know what the heck the LWB says!
Karen did describe the cards as fairly self explanatory on the site, and with titles like, 'trouble', 'wealth', 'temptations', 'love', 'misery', etc you would think so, but I still like to read up.
So, did anybody else succumb to buying this sweet deck?
Did you manage to find a way to effectively use it?
Anybody good at translating?! (I did ask Karen if we could maybe do a card a week on here but she said it poses copyright issues- shame.)

You can see the deck here:

www.baba-store.com

Any comments would be great, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Tinkerbell xx

6 Haunted Days

I've wanted to get this deck for some time now. But the lack of a LWB has stopped me a few times. Not that they really ever say much! It's so cheap and looks so eloquent I should just get it.

On a side note I am awaiting the Symbolon deck which does come with the LWB....but it seems a really involved system and the full books on it are German. Uhg!

Alta

I have had this deck for quite a long time. baba-prague offered it for sale even before it went on her web site. I have used it in a good many readings.

I just use it intuitively using the picture and the French words. The English words are often a poor translation. Be warned though, there are more negative cards than positive cards in the pack. Noticing the general flavour of the readings, I actually went through once and sorted them into positive cards and negative cards. There are about 20% more negative cards.

Moon mind

HI ...
I do have that deck somewhere...actually this was my own first deck ever... it is an old deck that was published in early 90's and it was done in way of 'fortune telling cards style' ( somebody metion lenormand? yes)
The LWB .. have no idea where that is (it's been a while) so if you want i can shortly translate that to you as the other (LT) if you post the Czech text ...

babyJo

Am very happy that someone start a thread on this deck. Got it from baba for a while, it's such a great price!

This deck is lovely, it has some very unique and insightful answer. But I do notice that it make up of mainly negative cards tho...
Since I usually read intuitively, the lack of english LWB doesn't really bother me. But if you start a study thread, i'll love to join!

~JO

baba-prague

tinkerbell said:
Anybody good at translating?! (I did ask Karen if we could maybe do a card a week on here but she said it poses copyright issues- shame.)

Oh, I don't mind sort of paraphrasing. But an actual translation would infringe copyright. But we could do something a bit looser without offending anyone or breaking any copyright I thiink - sorry I should have been clearer. What we can't do is put a literal translation in with the deck - I think Piatnik would object as we have no "rights".

I'm very fond of this deck so it's nice to see it get some attention.

Moon mind

I don't think i am braking any copyright if here in my own words say what's in it ? am I?

baba-prague

Moon mind said:
I don't think i am braking any copyright if here in my own words say what's in it ? am I?

No, if it's in your own words and not a straight translation. Actually, the conversation that tinkerbell is talking about was when she asked me (if I understood it correctly) whether we could put a translation of the LWB into each deck. As far as I know that would infringe Piatnik's copyright as we have no "rights" of translation. However, just talking here about the meanings wouldn't be a problem as far as I know.

tinkerbell

little czech deck.........

aha Baba,
Sorry, I hadn't meant for you to go to all the trouble of sending out translations with the decks, I wouldn't expect that depth of customer service!
I simply wondered if we could pick a card, any card, and give our thoughts which could then perhaps be compared with the creators LWB to see if we were thinking along the same lines.

Marion- I had never noticed that were more negative cards! That's a shame... I wonder why it wasn't more 50/50?

Should we pick a card then and give this a go?

Tinkerbell x

Debra

You can post or publish a translation for scholarly or research purposes as long as there's no commercial use (ie, you're not selling it) and certainly sharing info on this forum is for research!