Little Lenormand type decks question

Sheri

Solitaire* said:
Thank you all for taking the time to respond on this thread. I'm going to explore the links and try to get the hang of using these cute little cards. They sound intriguing. :)

So basically, you use all these decks by looking at pairs?

Welcome, Ellen :D

I have been using the Mystical Lenormand completely intuitively since I got it many months ago and it works fine that way too. No right or wrong way... just let your intuition run free and see what happens. :D

:love: valeria

faunabay

valeria said:
Welcome, Ellen :D

I have been using the Mystical Lenormand completely intuitively since I got it many months ago and it works fine that way too. No right or wrong way... just let your intuition run free and see what happens. :D

:love: valeria

The Mystical leads itself very well to intuitive readings. It's almost like a mix of oracle AND lenormand. It has alot more "stuff" in each card to draw info from. Most lenormand's have just the initial image with not much added imagery. But the Mystical is quite busy (in a good way) and beautiful.

Grizabella

I'm intrigued. I haven't seen a Mystical Lenormand, but I'll go look it up and see what I can find just out of curiosity.

I'm going to be using these little cards a lot, I think. I just love the size of them and now I'm curious about how they work. I think there's a world of stuff to be learned about them.

Aren't these cards more commonly used in Europe than here in the US?

autumnsdaughter

What a quirky little deck! Fascinating. I need to get one of those- and they're cheap too! Yay!

MatPoint

Hi,

Not only pairs, you can read combos of 2, 3, 4 cards or even more, but pairs is the base.

Yes the traditional Big Spread, Panoramic Spread, Grand Tableau or any of the names with which this spread is known is the one with the whole deck (36 cards).

There are many methods to read this spread but basically you can read it by patterns or by the right/left method.

When you lay out the 36 cards for this spread it is like if you had the book of the life of the seeker in front of you because there you'll see all the areas any seeker wants to know about.

How do you know what to emphatize? Well we use significators for this, you can either ask a simple questions or many questions, it doesn't matter because all the answers to most questions are in that spread.

So we use the fish for financial stuff, the anchor for work and career, the heart for love, the ring for love but also for all kind of contracts, the coffin for health issues, etc.

You have to find the significator/s that you are interested to read or the seeker wants to know about then you apply the method.

For instance: Lay the cards in 4 rows of 9 cards per row. Look up the horizontal line where the ring is ...

The Tree, The Heart, The Birches, The Ring, The mountain, The moon, The lady, the coffin, the scythe

This is not a happy line to read but ...

Let's imagine that the seeker wants to know about her relationship, the significator would be the ring. Then ... the Past to the left:

The tree, the heart, the birches= A long lasting relationship where there was true love started to have problems and arguments.

The future to the right:
The Mountain, The moon, the lady, The coffin, The scythe

The problems are not ending in the future, there is a blockage because of the feelings of the seeker (The Mountain + The Moon + The Lady) then the coffin tell us of the relationship approaching its end (not getting better) and then the scythe confirming a "cut" in the relationship.

The last card is the outcome and as the last card is the scythe the combo Ring + Scythe means divorce, separation, etc.

The cards in between give you detais or additional information, the reason why, the how or anything else.

THE RING, the mountain, the moon, the lady, the coffin, THE SCYTHE.

The cause of the divorce would be because of a blockage of the feelings of the seeker (mountain + moon + lady) meaning love is kinda dead (coffin).

To learn it quicker translate each card by the best keyword for each card. For instance:

mountain = blockage
moon = feelings
lady = seeker
coffin = end

and fill in the blanks

(Blockage, feelings, seeker) and then (feelings, seeker, end)
The seeker's feelings are blocked and she's not gonna feel the same anymore.

This is a very rudimentary introduction, just for you to see the dynamics of one of the many methods available.

If you prefer working with patterns try to use for instance the mirror technique,

1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1

Read the cards that have the same number as a combo. The 4th position for the ring reflects in the mirror number 4 to the right which corresponds to The Moon.

The relationship is very emotional at the moment.

What kind of feelings or emotions?

Read it the other way arround. The Moon + The riing = Feelings of compromise, kinda responsability.

Then The Heart + The coffin = The end of love.

and so on ...

I don't know if this is gonna shed some light or it's gonna make it worse, but here you have it with the best of my wishes.

pippi

MatPoint said:
When you lay out the 36 cards for this spread it is like if you had the book of the life of the seeker in front of you because there you'll see all the areas any seeker wants to know about.

How do you know what to emphatize? Well we use significators for this, you can either ask a simple questions or many questions, it doesn't matter because all the answers to most questions are in that spread.

So we use the fish for financial stuff, the anchor for work and career, the heart for love, the ring for love but also for all kind of contracts, the coffin for health issues, etc.

You have to find the significator/s that you are interested to read or the seeker wants to know about then you apply the method.

For instance: Lay the cards in 4 rows of 9 cards per row. Look up the horizontal line where the ring is ...

The Tree, The Heart, The Birches, The Ring, The mountain, The moon, The lady, the coffin, the scythe

This is not a happy line to read but ...

Let's imagine that the seeker wants to know about her relationship, the significator would be the ring. Then ... the Past to the left:

The tree, the heart, the birches= A long lasting relationship where there was true love started to have problems and arguments.

The future to the right:
The Mountain, The moon, the lady, The coffin, The scythe

The problems are not ending in the future, there is a blockage because of the feelings of the seeker (The Mountain + The Moon + The Lady) then the coffin tell us of the relationship approaching its end (not getting better) and then the scythe confirming a "cut" in the relationship.

The last card is the outcome and as the last card is the scythe the combo Ring + Scythe means divorce, separation, etc.

The cards in between give you details or additional information, the reason why, the how or anything else.

THE RING, the mountain, the moon, the lady, the coffin, THE SCYTHE.

The cause of the divorce would be because of a blockage of the feelings of the seeker (mountain + moon + lady) meaning love is kinda dead (coffin).

You did a great job of explaining this! :)

If you prefer working with patterns try to use for instance the mirror technique,

1 2 3 4 5 4 3 2 1

Read the cards that have the same number as a combo. The 4th position for the ring reflects in the mirror number 4 to the right which corresponds to The Moon.

The relationship is very emotional at the moment.

What an interesting concept! I'm definitely going to give this mirror pattern a try. Thank you for sharing!

Aristede

MatPoint said:
Not only pairs, you can read combos of 2, 3, 4 cards or even more, but pairs is the base.

Yes the traditional Big Spread, Panoramic Spread, Grand Tableau or any of the names with which this spread is known is the one with the whole deck (36 cards)....

Hi Mat, I appreciate the detailed explanation of the 'Big Spread.' I've been working with Sylvie Steinbach's book, which is excellent, but the focus is on a less structured way of placing the cards. I've been looking for more specific information about the larger layout, so this is really helpful. Thanks!

Oracle Modeste

Hi Solitaire!!!

I use oracle cards a fair ammount, and I will tell you that in my experience there are very few differences between the two types of decks. Tarot has suites and is based off of a very complex esoteric system, whereas the oracle decks are not so. I like to think of oracle decks, especially the Lenormand as a no-fuss approach to answering any question. you can use them the same way, or if you are more comfortable with the Tarot, I have used them in a comparative method along with the Tarot. Try it, its kinda fun!!!!

let us know how that works out for you!!!!