Llewellyn 2006 Tarot Reader w/ 20 or so essays

Darla

I would really like to get one but I'm also looking for a portable calendar that I can write in all my appointments and notes. Is there enough space?

weaver

Very oddly, none of the bookstores in our area seem to be stocking this title this year. It has always been locally available in the past. Even the two Borders stores I have checked don't have it. I wonder why that is?

weaver

Sunburst

Here is a review of it, by James Wells:
Llewellyn's 2006 Tarot Reader by various authors. This is Llewellyn's second "Tarot Reader" almanac. It features a terrific variety of topics in articles by many authors and practitioners. There are also featured decks, a calendar with basic astrological information (moon phases, etc.), and a section on spreads. You'll enjoy finding out how to reframe questions so that they become more empowering (Mark McElroy), creating a hand-drawn picture from three cards then finding your life in the image (Mary Greer), discovering the ins and outs of reading tarot at a psychic fair (Corinne Kenner), celebrating meaningful rituals (Nina Lee Braden), taking a walk through the Qabalistic worlds (Rachel Pollack), listening to the voice in the card (Wald & Ruth Ann Amberstone), using good literature to enhance your tarot skills (Diane Wilkes), knowing what it takes to become a professional tarot consultant (yours truly), living La Vida Arcana (Thalassa), and soooooo much more. The spreads are generally useful. Thankfully, there's only one "standard" layout given, the celtic cross. All the rest, including my own Reality Check Spread, have been created for this book. This year's illustrations are much better than those in the '05 edition. All in all, Llewellyn's 2006 Tarot Reader is a card-filled cornucopia, a veritable tarot orgy. Get it!
Sunburst

Amaterasu

I really, really want to get a copy. The bookstores here don't have it in stock yet, though. If only I could order a copy through the net — if only I had a credit card... *cough* Anyway! :)

I'm looking forward to it as I enjoyed the 2005 Tarot Reader very much.

catlin

I got mine in a trade and I have enjoyed reading it. I am pretty sorry I missed the 2005 edition. Only the calendar space is too limited for me but I prefer the articles in it (and the b&w prints of the decks - no need to tell you there are several ones on my wish list, e. g. the Ship of Fools tarot). The articles have just the right length to be read in the tram (like reading something tarot related before I go to work).

@Lee: glad to hear there will be a 2007 edition

ShekinahMoon

I bought this a few weeks ago. The articles are great. I enjoy reading how professionals view Tarot and how they use Tarot and their advice. That one article about leaving a single Tarot card in places around the city for others to find just fascinates me :)

shaveling

catlin,

The Llewellyn website has the 2005 Tarot Reader on sale now for under $3 US. The 2006 edition is listed on the same page for a little over seven dollars.

catlin

@shaveling:
Thanks for letting me know. I have already contacted them to see how to proceed getting the tarot reader 2005 as I cannot get it by German amazon and my local book seller does not sell Llewellyn products (there are some funny things about German book sellers. Mine does charge $10 extra for handling orders from abroad which I think is pretty unfair).

Luckily I got the 2006 one in a trade.

babyJo

catlin,

I try to get the "Tarot reader 2005" from Llewellyn website, price at US2.24 only.

BUT they charge US$16 for international shipping!! Oh well, better forget about it :-((

~Jo

EDITED TO ADD: Catlin, why don't you get it from amazon.de market place, there is a number of copies there. You will save so much on shipping!