Lo Scarabeo Ace of Swords

zephyr_heart

Well, if I were to break down this card to its basic elements, the hand usually featured on the RWS is here, but unlike the RWS, which holds the sword with the right hand, this one here holds it with the right hand. But to me, it is just a small matter of no importance (is it? I don't know). Instead, it follows the Marseille style (according to the Burdell deck I had), in which the hand is holding the sword is the left hand.

The hilt and the guard is very much ala Thoth. The hilt consisted of a snake as the grip, and the guard is what looked like a pair of crescent moon inverting each other and stuck together, and a pair of orb plugged together with the two inverted crescent moons.

The blade, the crown that rests on the sword and the vine plants reflects the RWS decks. The leaves and fruits looks so fresh and freshly picked.

Lastly, the clouds and the light coming from the crown mimic the Thoth, with clouds featured among the void background (to me, it looked like the hand emerged from high up in the sky, though) and the lights emerging from the crown looked as if the crown itself is the source of light and clarity.