The Quest Tarot - The Hierophant

prk001

The Hierophant looks connected well to both the Universe and the earth probably acting as a middleman between the mystical Universe and the Physical realm. He looks more organized and
structural rather than creativity flowing through him. But he is doing his job really well in serving the people.

It is hard to distinguish whether this person is a male or a female. It looks more like an archetype rather than representing an actual person.

I can see two heads near the bottom of the card but can't make any sense out of it at this time. If someone can help me here, I will appreciate that.

miss_apples

Hi prk001

I have never noticed the heads until you mentioned him! Well...since the hierophant usually represents a religious and spiritual leader...maybe the heads are his followers.

Phoenix Rising

I actually like this representation of the heirophant, as I'm totally put off by the religious looking priest in other cards. I understand the heirophant to be neutral in it's energies.

Moonbow

The colours of this card are mianly purple and blue - spiritual colours. The Hierophant himself is gold.

The building in the card has mountains behind and together reminds me very strongly of a large Cathedral with spires. The Hierophant appears huge and rises out of the building, he holds out his hands, palm down and hovering below each palm is a star and a crescent moon (his connection to heaven/the devine). His gold crown spirals up to the sky where another huge spiral is formed and in the middle is a cross and the yin/yang symbol. Three gold rings are linked together meaning the trinity.

At the bottom of the building are the two faces of his acolytes.

There is alot of symbolism in the card but the overall feeling that I get from it is 'religious establishment', tradition and convention.

lunakasha

Moonbow* said:
The colours of this card are mianly purple and blue - spiritual colours. The Hierophant himself is gold.

The building in the card has mountains behind and together reminds me very strongly of a large Cathedral with spires. The Hierophant appears huge and rises out of the building, he holds out his hands, palm down and hovering below each palm is a star and a crescent moon (his connection to heaven/the devine). His gold crown spirals up to the sky where another huge spiral is formed and in the middle is a cross and the yin/yang symbol. Three gold rings are linked together meaning the trinity.

At the bottom of the building are the two faces of his acolytes.

There is alot of symbolism in the card but the overall feeling that I get from it is 'religious establishment', tradition and convention.

I think this is probably one of the most beautiful Hierophant cards I have ever seen....it just radiates spiritual energy and light!!!

Moonbow*, your description was so incredible....I can't think of much to add really. (I usually don't read posts before replying but this time I slipped LOL). Love the blue and purple colors, the spiral above his crown....

When I see this card, I think "spiritual leader, healer, father"....as opposed to most Hierophant cards which make me think: "pope, authority, religion, Catholicism" etc. I am definitely much more connected to the Quest version than to these others....

:D Luna

prk001

Hi M*,

Moonbow* said:
I didn't know about the spiritual meaning of the colors until you told me...

The building in the card has mountains behind and together reminds me very strongly of a large Cathedral with spires. The Hierophant appears huge and rises out of the building, he holds out his hands, palm down and hovering below each palm is a star and a crescent moon.
[/B]
I didn't notice the mountains or the stars & crescent moon too... I didn't know how I missed all these.

His gold crown spirals up to the sky where another huge spiral is formed and in the middle is a cross and the yin/yang symbol. Three gold rings are linked together meaning the trinity.

There is alot of symbolism in the card but the overall feeling that I get from it is 'religious establishment', tradition and convention. [/B]
I have missed the yin/yang symbol too...
Looks like I have missed most of the symbols in this card. :|

RK

prk001

Hi Luna,
You type faster than me. When I started replying, your post was not there. But, after I finished posting I was looking at the previous post thinking it was Moonbow*'s & it was so different than when I read it a few minutes back & got confused until I saw your name.

I agree that most of the cards emanate radiance in this deck. Thats what I love this deck about.

RK

lunakasha

prk001 said:
Hi Luna,
You type faster than me. When I started replying, your post was not there. But, after I finished posting I was looking at the previous post thinking it was Moonbow*'s & it was so different than when I read it a few minutes back & got confused until I saw your name.

LOL!!!! :laugh:

ME???? Fast???? :D

Looks like we posted simultaneously....don't ya hate when that happens??? :p

:) Luna

prk001

lunakasha said:
LOL!!!! :laugh:

ME???? Fast???? :D

Looks like we posted simultaneously....don't ya hate when that happens??? :p

:) Luna

LOL... :D

I was very much confused this time. :confused:

RK

Tabby

Beautiful Card

The Hierophant is a beautiful card in this tarot deck. I read some of the other post about it and I agree I would have missed some of the details about the card like the yin yang. The stone faces remind me of the old Aztec or Inca ruins. Either that or Stonehedge.