Lo Scarabeo decks and permissions

Bluefeet

Very generous indeed! Thank you for doing this.

Mi-Shell

Thank you for that, LS!
:)

Glass Owl

This is so wonderful! I have been pondering the idea of adding Tarot stuff to my Tumblr such as spreads and deck reviews and now this just may be the lovely incentive I need. Thank you!

Chiriku

It is indeed a wonderful thing at last... yet let's not forget the point that many would-be deck-buyers peruse blogs and do Google Image searches in order to see enough samples to convince them to buy the deck. Hell, most people with more than 3-4 tarot decks actively seek out fodder to fuel their deck-consumption.

Lo Scarabeo will likely make money from this move. And why not?

RiccardoLS

My take has been that as things were, unscrupolous people could still use the images, while scrupolous people couldn't. Imho, it was not smart.

I honestly don't think this will change any kind of exposure for the decks. The only effect is that it will require less paperwork on both parts. :)

Or maybe it can be that the world is just changing and speaking in images :)

Ric

p.s.: but the most important thing is that today it's Friday, and I'm leaving the office in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... :)

baylys

Enjoy your weekend Ric

Grizabella

This is a wonderfully generous thing to do, I agree. But darn! I have a website where I do readings and offer my hand-crafted items that I've also got a blog on and since I've recently gotten so enamoured of Lo Scarabeo decks, I was going to start blogging about some of the cards and hoped for permission to use images of each deck I blog about. Of course, I would have asked permission for that, but this answers my question.

Since some folks find it hard to work with some of Lo Scarabeo's decks and I don't anymore, I was thinking my blog might pass on insights that would help others who might be having trouble understanding them.

Thank you, though, Rick. It's a wonderful thing to do and saves you a lot of time answering requests for permission but it also saves a lot of people in the public a lot of time and effort, too.