Looking for a new oracle deck different to what I have.

knowledge seeker

I have all 3 decks you listed, and love reading them all. they are easy to read with 4 me,
but if i could only have 1, i'd have to say the saints and angels out of those 3.

however make me chose out of saints and angels, goddess guidance or power animals (by steven farmer) and well.....hmmmmm can i have all 3?? lol

today i got her ascended masters deck, and have done 1 reading with it so far, and it was great. so i'm looking forward to getting to know this deck better.

however i tend to read any oracle with confidence...except the froud's fairies.

goodluck with your search. and the best thing i can recommend is if you can, see the decks in person, not just over the net. there have been a few decks which really really appealed when i searched them here, but when i saw them in person, not for me....

Sheri

All excellent suggestions!

I have just recently expanded into oracles and would like to suggest:

playing cards - lots of great systems to read with

Froud's Faeries Oracle - freaky accurate & great sense of humor although I am still learning

Mystical Lenormand - small 36 card deck that can go anywhere, do anything

My favorite is the Mystical Lenormand for a good all around oracle. It is always accurate, is very versatile (works great intuitively - I have yet to use it the way it is intended), and I LOVE the artwork. It's also small enough to take anywhere - like a pocket deck.

:) valeria

Bat Chicken

The Mystical Lenormand is on my list.... I am recently enamored...

wytchwood

I have the Anglo Saxon Rune Cards, which are really wonderful. It's a smallish oracle being only 30 cards, but it's a lot like a Major Arcana only reading to use. I love the drawings which are black and white and the cards are lovely quality in a waxy finish rather than laminated, which I love, and the cards are black. I don't think it's hugely popular, as the pretty colourful decks always seem to sell better, but I personally feel that the style is more in keeping with a Runic theme and the ways our ancestors would have lived and thought.

I also love the Green Man Tree Oracle, and the Druid Animal Oracle, both are beautiful and are based on the wisdom of our ancestors.

Zoe

Gavriela

I like the Astrologische Lenormand better than the Mystical, but in all honesty I've never seen two Lenormand astrological systems that match.

So my preference (for the sake of clarity in reading) is a good old French Cartomancy or Blue Owl with the playing card symbols inset at the top.

Or playing cards.

wytchwood

I have a couple of those Lenormand decks- the Everyday Lenormand Cards and the Mlle Lenormand Oracle deck. Both are beautiful, but the meanings are 'Gypsy' style and do not relate in any way to the Tarot minors style meanings. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that you have to learn another system. I learned a 'Gypsy' system like this years ago and kind of unlearned it later on when I took p Tarot decks as I found that more logical. The Gypsy method doesn't seem to follow such a logical order, it's just a bit more random. saying that, the Lenormand decks have pictures and symbols making them easier to learn than just the playing cards method.

Zoe

Gavriela

I have a beautiful shviti for meditation - the letters are Hebrew, but the calligraphy is more a Celtic style. It really brings out the black fire/white fire when you gaze at the Holy Name.

Unfortunately, I lost touch with the sofer who made it :(

Gavriela

Ah, Zoe, it's different, but it's not necessarily random. There are methods of Lenormand/Gipsy interpretation that are based on chess moves. I get so fascinated by it, I'm blown away sometimes.

wytchwood said:
I have a couple of those Lenormand decks- the Everyday Lenormand Cards and the Mlle Lenormand Oracle deck. Both are beautiful, but the meanings are 'Gypsy' style and do not relate in any way to the Tarot minors style meanings. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that you have to learn another system. I learned a 'Gypsy' system like this years ago and kind of unlearned it later on when I took p Tarot decks as I found that more logical. The Gypsy method doesn't seem to follow such a logical order, it's just a bit more random. saying that, the Lenormand decks have pictures and symbols making them easier to learn than just the playing cards method.

Zoe

wytchwood

I guess I never studied it enough! I memorized all the meanings, but could never see the pattern behind it. I didn't work with it for all that long though. Maybe I'll look at it again as I have quite a few books about Gypsy methods.

Zoe