Looking for career/life potential spread/s

Shesawolf

I'm looking for a spread to help me discover my career/life potential. There are about 4 different areas that I can take my career. For the first time in decades, I have no goals to conquer. And without goals I feel lost and feel like I have no confidence. And without confidence, I have no idea the direction to go in my life (what a vicious circle!).

I've looked around in the forum and on the Web but didn't find anything that looked like it could help. Perhaps someone out there can recommend one they have found helpful or useful.

Any advice, suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated...

(pre) Thanks.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

poivre

Always remember someone else would love to have our problems. You're getting a new start on life. Your out of your comfort zone. Misfortunes are blessings in disguise!
Never look back, look ahead & keep moving on. It will all work out.
Wishing you luck,
ros

wavebreaker

Hi Shesawolf,

Here is an earlier thread on job/career spreads, maybe you can get some ideas from it for a spread that fits your situation.

Shesawolf

wavebreaker said:
Hi Shesawolf,

Here is an earlier thread on job/career spreads, maybe you can get some ideas from it for a spread that fits your situation.

Thank you wavebreaker, and I did see those but they aren't really what I'm after...

What I'm looking for is less about "career" and "job" and more about, what am *I* good at?! Is there some 'hidden' talent that I'm not acknowledging or seeing?!? What is my "true calling"???

I guess I'm trying to learn more about what's "inside" and less about how to react what's going on "outside"...

wavebreaker

How about picking a card for each of those questions you have?

So you'd get:

1. What am I good at?
2. What are my hidden talents?
3. What is my true calling?

You could always give it a try, just to see what comes up. It may give you some ideas that you haven't thought of.

Just an idea. ;)

Shesawolf

That is a good idea wavebreaker... I'll do that tonight.

(sometimes the answer is hidden in simplicity ;-) )

Shesawolf

wavebreaker said:
How about picking a card for each of those questions you have?

So you'd get:

1. What am I good at?
2. What are my hidden talents?
3. What is my true calling?

So I did just that ... and for some reason decided to do the reading with just the Majors. I got:

1. What am I good at? Death
I interpreted as my ability to make "new" from "old" ... my ability to create something useful out of stuff that is no longer wanted (like redesigning cast-off furniture)...

2. What are my hidden talents? Fool
This I interpreted as a talent for finding new ways (to old problems)... I"m always able to find new paths, new ways of thinking about problems - I'm ready to try new things, too, without having to have too much information first. I'm willing to explore. (never cosidered this a 'talent' before)

3. What is my true calling? Empress Rx
This one stumped me. I really want to be a designer, an interior designer... and couldn't decide if my "true calling" was a designer or an instructor (which is what I currently do and am good at)... I interpreted the card being my true calling IS IN CREATING (aka design)... but it's not quite time yet.

This turned out to work great... but, I'm still interested in finding other spread suggestions... :)

Thanks

scorpio

Hi Shesawolf, i was thinking the EmpressR was along the lines of the death card, that your interior design work would be along the lines of rehabilitating used furniture/household items that have lost their luster and restore them to their former glory with even more beauty. kinda like on mtv they have a show (cant remember the name) where they take peoples cars and "pimp' their ride. Maybe feng shui too as a way (EmpressR) to flipflop the energy by your work in an environment or change the person's (client) perspective to their environment. This would all fit with your other cards.