Looking for info on a Lenormand deck

Nerys

My grandmother gave me a deck of Lenormand cards that she bought from the store she used to work at. This was probably in the late thirties or early forties.

It's published by Carta Mundi and the images are the same as on this page but with verses in French. The card backs are a blue and red tartan-type pattern. There is a little pamphlet included that gives the meanings, some history, a spread, and an example reading. The pamphlet says "printed in Belgium".

The box is also different from the deck in the link above, and I haven't been able to find images of it online. The box is a blue tuck box, with "LENORMAND" across the top and sides and what looks like two rows of astrological sign symbols below that. The back of the box says "LENORMAND" again and has the Carta Mundi logo, with "Turnhout-Belgium" underneath.

Does anyone know anything else about this deck or happen to own a copy? I'm curious to know when it was printed or if there's a specific name for this edition. Is it just a different version for the box, maybe for North America?

(for what it's worth, the deck appeared to cost $1.39 as it still has the original price sticker on it)

Nerys

Thanks for the links!

I find it interesting that the Lenormand Museum gives a publication date of 2000. I also haven't been able to find an example with the same box as I have, only that red one. I'm thinking maybe it was a different issuing for North America. I'm reasonably sure that it's the original box that came with the deck.