LoS mini decks, a thing of the past?

Storm82

I love the mini decks, they are so cute :)

DaughterOfDanu

I have the mini Dragon Tarot. It doesn't get much use but I really like the size.
They have the mini Pagan Tarot. I've always wanted the original but the mini is alluring. If I can find it at the right price I'll scap it up!

baylys

Teen Witch Mini

I just recently bought a Witchy Tarot as a mini, but I was very disappointed to find the LWB seemed to be for a different deck entirely. From the names in the book, it seems like it was for some sort of fairy or elf deck. Also the suits were named totally different. Did anyone else have that problem?

Rhinemaiden

cardlady22 said:
I adore my mini decks, but can appreciate the problem with seeing the details. I'd really like to see decks Designed To Be Mini- with scaled down symbolism. An example is the neat little Tarot Nova/ Tarot the Complete Kit by Running Press.

I've just started collecting mini decks... and agree with Cardlady about the scaled down symbolism of Tarot Nova, I really like it! Another deck with Shaker like simplicity in its art, tho not a mini, is Art of Tarot by Liz Dean.

Decks in my mini collection:

Universal Waite
Tarot Nova (nice little bound book with the deck)
Da Vinci

kalliope

I want more minis too!

I agree -- I love the size of the LoS minis, which are long enough to be handled pretty easily. (As compared to my mini Fournier Marseille which is only 3.7cm x 5.7cm!) They're great for carrying around. My problem is that I really want minis, but don't really want most of the minis currently on offer other than the Grimaud Marseille, which is on my wishlist. :(

I TOTALLY second your nomination for minis of Dame Fortune's Wheel and the Minchiate!! Holy cow, I would be so there! (I'm lusting after a Minchiate so I can play around with horary-ish astrological spreads ala Mel and Etteilla/Revak/Hazel.)

To be honest, pocket-sized (approx. regular playing card sized) decks would be my absolute favorite, and there are even fewer of them. I love my pocket Thoth and RWS. If I could, I'd buy every deck I own and love in a pocket size.

But anyway, we need to start a More Minis! (or Produce Pockets!) campaign or something...

-kalliope

Deana

kalliope said:
To be honest, pocket-sized (approx. regular playing card sized) decks would be my absolute favorite, and there are even fewer of them. I love my pocket Thoth and RWS. If I could, I'd buy every deck I own and love in a pocket size.

Me too.

Le Fanu

Oh yes. Not full size, not mini. Mid-sized smallish playing card size is perfect. Any deck looks good in this size. Even the Tapestry Tarot would look good in this size. :p

The small Thoth and the Polish Buckland Romani are the perfect size...

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
Oh yes. Not full size, not mini. Mid-sized smallish playing card size is perfect. Any deck looks good in this size. Even the Tapestry Tarot would look good in this size. :p
<frowning> I have only two words for you, Le Fanu.

Power.

Animals.

Oh, and two more.

Talking.

Tarot.

Le Fanu

Oh the Power Animals would look great any size. It's actually a surprisingly large deck and could well do with a mini.

The Power Animals is hideous and Fun. the Tapestry is just retch-inducingly hideous.

(Mags trying to get rid of her Tapestry Tarot is one of the true great moments of AT history!)