LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

midniteeye

thanks ric, although i cannot say that i am not a little disappointed, but i understand that it is a business decision. i will now just go ahead and purchase the deck.

SphinYote

RiccardoLS said:
I have mainly bad news.

The book is not being published in 2010 either. And so we just sent word to LL to cancel it for the time being.

What is LS going to do?
Still undecided. Publishing the book seems more stupid now that the Mona Lisa is a two years old child. Yet we promised it. And Mark is willing to return writing about Tarot (I really missed him).
Sooo...

I can tell that nothing will happen soon.
And yet we talk about the Mona Lisa in all production meetings.
I think (but that just imho) we will realease the book next year as a free pdf.

I'm sorry :(

ric

Information appreciated.

I'll have to buy my second copy and write my own book now, won't I....

;)

rwcarter

RiccardoLS said:
I think (but that just imho) we will realease the book next year as a free pdf.
Thanks for the confirmation Ric. IF the book isn't going to be published, please, please, please do release it in some electronic form, be it PDF, POD, etc.

Rodney

SphinYote

rwcarter said:
Thanks for the confirmation Ric. IF the book isn't going to be published, please, please, please do release it in some electronic form, be it PDF, POD, etc.

Rodney

This.

I'm definitely in support of this.

Metafizzypop

Riccardo, grazie tanto per la vostra risposta, and for confirming the news that I got from Llewelleyn. Like several others here, I also am disappointed.

But what I'm wondering is, does it matter if the deck came out two years ago? The Mona Lisa Tarot is still current and available. I see no reason that the "child" being 2 years old would work against publication of the book.

I own a few Lo Scarabeo decks and they are all quite beautiful. Sometimes they are difficult to read with, but I use them anyway, just so I can admire them.

Aerin

Just resurrecting the thread to ask...

Did the pdf come out at all?

rwcarter

I doubt we'll see the PDF before the middle of 2010.

Rodney

Aerin

Thanks folks - that's helpful. Someone asked me and I thought I'd dig around here before asking Ric (who is probably fed up with such questions).

I hate to seem as if I'm nagging. Well, most of the time.

Onyx

This is a deck that I can't seem to get out of my head lately. Still, I look longingly at the images and wonder what the book would have said?

I fear at this point I may be building up the book too much and would likely be disappointed now if I were to actually get it in any form.

Allan