LS Secret Tarot - The Star

MareSaturni

All last posts have been about minors...how about a major, for a change?

So, the star...i love the simplicity of this card. It seems that here all the confusion ends. The woman, although vulnerable, seems to be in peace...she blends with the environment, there's no conflict. The lake below her is calm. And the sky...is it the dawn of the sunset? Could be the sunset for the Moon card or the sunrise after the Tower.

See the card here.

Other thoughts? Please? :)

~~~Yuko

Sulis

That's a lovely Star card.

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading through the threads in this study group - this deck has a lot of appeal. It's not my usual sort of thing at all but I like the darkness of it - it's a very non-threatening type of darkness, if you know what I mean. I don't have the deck though - I'm just going on the cards I've seen.

Love

Sulis xx

MareSaturni

Oh yes Sulis, it's a WONDERFUL deck. I love it so much i plan on buying the mini version just to carry in my bag/purse!
The cards have their...very personal way of 'talking', and they leave a lot to the imagination and the the intuition. A non-threatening kind of darkness...kinda disturbing sometimes, though ;)

Glad you are enjoying the discussions. Hope you'll participate of them someday :)

The group has been kinda quiet, but i'll keep trying anyway!

~~~Yuko

MareSaturni

Hum...no one else trying? C'mon guys, i know there's more of you there ;)

~~~Yuko

carly

Hiya, sorry, mind me ressurecting this thread?

I've just bougt the Secret tarot today, and with the star I think of a remote, clam quiet place, where the water's so still those ripples'll just keep going 'til they reach the mainland, maybe in a distorted format, like the thoughts flowing from the unconscience to conscienceness.

Going to go through the rest of the stady group, Centaur's summery is really useful :) xx

la-luna

I love this star card it is a kind of standard but with a dark (but non-threatening) twist.
2 thinks that caught my attention where the fact you can't see her feet as if her legs went directly into the ground with could mean she is firmly grounded and the second thing that is remarkable is that she looks the opposite way from the water she is pouring as if to cause a distance between the action of pouring and herself deeply sunken into her toughs /reveries , any comments /suggestions on this ?

MareSaturni

la-luna said:
I love this star card it is a kind of standard but with a dark (but non-threatening) twist.
2 thinks that caught my attention where the fact you can't see her feet as if her legs went directly into the ground with could mean she is firmly grounded and the second thing that is remarkable is that she looks the opposite way from the water she is pouring as if to cause a distance between the action of pouring and herself deeply sunken into her toughs /reveries , any comments /suggestions on this ?

Yes, her feet touching the ground means she's grounded...there is no more blindness: the tower has destroyed all illusions. And, although there's hope, it's a hope that isn't a dream...it's real. Close to the earth.

Her distance from the water and the fact she seems to be looking away makes me think she's above the water...the confusion created of feelings, illusion.
I feel she's trying to 'organize' the things inside herself (who wouldn't after a tower?), but there is no more chaos inside of her...she can see the things clearly. She is resting, healing, 'refilling her pool' with new water, because past is past and now she's looking into the future.

Or something like that. It's incredible how one card can hold so many symbols, right?

~Yuko

carly

miss_yuko said:
It's incredible how one card can hold so many symbols, right?

Yeah, and it looks so simple at first glance. That's what I love about this deck, it's unfussy but you can dive right into the cards.

carly xx

aja

There's the grounding, but also that she appears to span from the water to the heavens and is perfectly balanced doing so........which is what this card is all about.

teaguejb

The nakedness suggests the lack of any pretense. All illusions have been shattered by the tower. All fear and doubt are released. Her soul is bare and she is pouring out her purest, truest emotions. Maybe it's a painful process...the release of so much emotion (grief?). I don't feel that her hope is "close to earth." There is something otherworldly about this card, and I don't think the kind of hope on display here has to do with practical matters. It's more of a seed of hope...a far-away light. It is a light that pierces through darkness, but it is far-away nonetheless. Intrigued about the sunrise/sunset question. Could be the dawn at the end of a dark, dark night. Could also be twilight where only the single brightest star in the sky is visible.