Madame Endora's Fortune Cards

katie_here

I love it when these things happen

just cleaning up the house, vacuuming my daughters room, when I noticed one of my Madame Endora cards tucked behind a unit, don't know how it got there, except my daughter is fascinated by the tarot cards and their images.

anyway, I picked the card up.... The Seer.... follow your intuition ...

and my first instinct was to shuffle the deck, draw three cards and see what message was there for me.

so I put the card in the deck, gave them a good a shuffle, spread them out and picked three cards..

The Caduceus.. you will receive news from afar...

The Spirit..... unseen forces watch over you....

THE SEER! follow your intuition

what are the chances of that!!!!

I think finding that card was a definate message to do this and if I get any news from afar, I'll post it here!!

SunChariot

katie_here said:
just cleaning up the house, vacuuming my daughters room, when I noticed one of my Madame Endora cards tucked behind a unit, don't know how it got there, except my daughter is fascinated by the tarot cards and their images.

anyway, I picked the card up.... The Seer.... follow your intuition ...

and my first instinct was to shuffle the deck, draw three cards and see what message was there for me.

so I put the card in the deck, gave them a good a shuffle, spread them out and picked three cards..

The Caduceus.. you will receive news from afar...

The Spirit..... unseen forces watch over you....

THE SEER! follow your intuition

what are the chances of that!!!!

I think finding that card was a definate message to do this and if I get any news from afar, I'll post it here!!

Here are my thoughts on it, in case it gives you any ideas or helps in some way. I agree with you totally.:) The random chances of the same card (the Seer) coming up for you again the second time out of three cards from a deck of 48 were: about 1 in 16. Pretty slim, unless it was a message that the universe was trying to give you, which I also think that it was.

I think the card coming up twice was a message from the "unseen forces watching over you". Maybe they are sending you a message from afar about Tarot, and this deck as well, that it has something important to teach you and you should pay attention to what it tells you. :) And of course that you should follow your intuition as well.

BTW, the Seer card, for me, has always represented myself. Kindof like the Fool does in a regular deck.

The first time I saw the deck it was in a newsletter I get that does Tarot horoscopes with a different deck each month. The first edition of the newsletter featured Madame Endora's Fortune Cards for the horoscopes, and my sign (Cancer) was represented by The Seer. After seeing the 12 cards depicted there, I looked into the deck and went out and researched it and bought it (on E-Bay also of course).

As you are also into Tarot and Oracles...the card likely represents you too. As you are a "seer" when doing a reading.

Looking forward to hearing what the news from afar is, if someone contacts you from afar. :)

I have only used the deck once myself, but it was quite accurate. This thread put the idea back in my head. I will do a reading with this this aft.:) Thanks everyone.

Bar

PS Really like your signature quote! Cool. :)

katie_here

thankyou sunchariot

for your thoughts and your reply,

does getting a message from Canada count when you are in England!! ;)

SunChariot

katie_here said:
for your thoughts and your reply,

does getting a message from Canada count when you are in England!! ;)

I would say yes. LOL I tend to forget we are all so far apart physically. I feel close to everyone here as we all have the same interest. And everyone feels just as close as the computer screen. But of course we are all far apart phsyically. Somehow I tend to forget that. LOL

And you are very welcome!

I am just in the middle of typing up a reading with this deck now.

I had a cool newsletter article about how we are not our problems and how we are so much more. I saved the article and asked the deck, what else I am.
(picked 3 cards) it said:

1) Hindrance (Fate has blocked this path for you)

2) The Mystic Circle (Your abilities will be enhanced)

and

3) The GreenMan ( The forces of nature favour you)

Which to make a long story short, for me means that:

1) Fate (the cards) will not give me an answer as to who I am. I need to find myself myself. I am learning pendulums too and I have a pendy direction that means "it is not in my best interest to know (that it will ruin a karmic lesson I am meant to learn on my own if I received the asnwer). I take this card like that, that it is something I am meant to find out on my own.

2) Funny thing is I have only used this deck twice, and got this card both times (Mystic Cirlcle). I am working on improving my intuition and understanding my place in the world... through both Tarot/oracles and my pendulum. Apparently I will be successful and it will help me know who I really am.

3) Nature (the universe) are working with me to help me get to where I need to go.

Well, that's the gist of the reading for me, the condensed version as it were.

I also asked another question, what I can do to try not to over-exaggerate the importance of my problems.

I got
1: Earth (Utilize logic, reason and common sense) ---really apt answer

and

2) The Satyr (revelry and indulgence), meaning to me that I need to stay in the present, thoroughly enjoy it...as most worry is in the future. It is only in the present anyway that we can deal with problems...

That's my reading for today. I was very happy with it, and thanks to you and everyone who encouraged me to pick up this deck again.:)

Bar

katie_here

Hi Sunchariot

This question... What else am I.

My first instincts is that you are not all you are going to be yet.... there is much much more of you to develop and that the cards cannot possibly tell you yet because they don't know the answer.... you have not become all that you are going to be.

The mystic circle tells me that you must focus your energies.

The fact that you felt compelled to get this deck out and work with it, is the message I think.

You are going to be so much more adept and accurate in your readings that the universe is telling you to practice, practice, practice!.

oh yes, and because i'm following my intuition on your reading, I'm telling you too!!!! ;)

katie_here

Do you ever scare yourself!!!

I just decided to do the same question!! it sounded very interesting and I wondered what would be the outcome for me, would it be the same as yours
Sunchariot.

Here are my three cards...

The Harlequin... True feelings are masked

The Dragon..... Strength and Wisdom (this could represent a dangerous adversary or a worthy challenge) Learning oracle decks and tarot is a very worthy cause, but could also be dangerous if not treated with respect.

and ............surprise surprise

The Seer.... Follow your intution...

thats three times today that card has turned up...

SunChariot

katie_here said:
This question... What else am I.

My first instincts is that you are not all you are going to be yet.... there is much much more of you to develop and that the cards cannot possibly tell you yet because they don't know the answer.... you have not become all that you are going to be.

The mystic circle tells me that you must focus your energies.

The fact that you felt compelled to get this deck out and work with it, is the message I think.

You are going to be so much more adept and accurate in your readings that the universe is telling you to practice, practice, practice!.

oh yes, and because i'm following my intuition on your reading, I'm telling you too!!!! ;)

Thanks for your input Katie!

Glad you liked the question. :) I got the idea from a short article from a newsletter I subscribe too called the Daily Motivator, written by Ralph Marston. Here is their web page:

http://www.greatday.com/

Actually lately that is where the ideas for most of my readings come from. When I see an article I like, it sparks questions I would like to understand more about myself. Tarot is, for me, a means of self-discovery.

Anyway, the article itself went:
"The more you identify yourself with the problems that face you, the more difficult it will be for you to get past them. If your whole identity is wrapped up in your limitations, how can you ever be free of them?

There is a part of you that exists beyond every problem, beyond every limitiation. Let that part of you dominate your thoughts, your words and your actions.

Though your will certainly experience problems, don't allow those problems to define who you are, Operate from a level that is above all the problems, for it is from that perspective that you'll successfully transcend them all.

If you think of yourself as a loser, that is what you'll always be. Yet when you think of yourself as a winner who is experiencing some difficult challenges, you're sure to work your way successfully past those challenges.

See yourself not as a person who has problems, but as a person who creates value out of difficult situations, See the challenges and limitations not as permanent parts of you, but as stepping stones on the path to the fulfullment of your greatest dreams.

You are not your problems and they are not you. You can choose to express your own unique value no matter what your circumstances may be."

Glad to hear you say that mine looked like it said that I am not all I am going to be yet. That is exactly what I want to hear. I really believe we are not meant to ever stop learning and growing in life. It should be a lifelong process. That is part of my life goal actually: to continue to learn and grow forever. That and to help people whereever I can. :)

Wow, you got the Seer again! Now there is not way that can be a coincidence , 3 x in a row. Although I don't beleive in coincidences anymore. I think they are all messages from the unverse.

Agreed, that learning Tarot and Oracle cards can be a worthy cause. But to me the only danger in not taking them seriously enough is that you won't get correct answers. That and you will likely be straying from your life path, if you disrespect spiritual matters, as we are spiritual beings.

But as for the people who talk about negative energies. I have never believed in any of that, and my decks have always been filled with light and love.

Have a good evening and weekend everyone,

Bar

Emily

I have this deck coming from tarotgarden and am really looking forward to getting it. I seem to be being pulled towards Oracles and this looks really beautiful and very readable.

I've enjoyed reading everyones postings here and can't wait to get the deck in my hands. :)

Alissa

I adore this deck, and I find it speaks with a quiet voice of Wisdom in its style. I hope the study group for it was revived, it never went very far the first time around, and this deck deserves closer study.

Emily

I'm hoping that these cards will reach me by the end of the week - I keep going back to the website to look at the images and am seeing something new each time I do.

I hope the study group gets off the ground again too. :)