Magician as a pet?

LaRazia

I am planning to buy a beautiful kitten persican cat ( a male ) and he is the most beautiful thing ever, very white with very bright clear blue eyes and I plan to reserve him because I fell in love with him when I saw him, and I asked someone to draw a card would the kitty be calm and nice ( like I would want it ) or would it be wild and I got the Magician.

How would you relate this card with a pet?

MaineGirl117

I am planning to buy a beautiful kitten persican cat ( a male ) and he is the most beautiful thing ever, very white with very bright clear blue eyes and I plan to reserve him because I fell in love with him when I saw him, and I asked someone to draw a card would the kitty be calm and nice ( like I would want it ) or would it be wild and I got the Magician.

He's going to be the center of attention. He may be a "show" cat. He's going to sprawl out all over your tables and counters and knock stuff off. He may yearn for the outdoors even though you might not want to let him out. He'll be very talkative. He may not be a lap cat, but he'll most likely be the type to lay right next to you. He'll make a mess that he'll never clean up :D But most importantly, he'll be your best friend.

OH! He may be deaf... that's just genetics talking there. Blue eyed cats and dogs are very often deaf.

Thirteen

Sounds like you've picked a beauty. And from the card, he's going to be smart and clever. Which, believe me, are the best cats. They talk to you, they keep you company, they make you laugh, they protect and watch over you, they even argue and fight with you sometimes—and they even show you when things are wrong. I remember one such cat that meowed and got his owner to follow him and ran to show him that the bathroom plumbing was broken and was flooding. Good kitty!

Though I know you want calm and quiet, if this is a kitten, then please be patient. Kittens want and need to play and they don't sleep as much as adult cats. Play with him often, give him toys to attack and chase (laser pointers are great), watch that he doesn't get himself stuck or locked into closets as he explores. And be aware that it'll take about two years before he'll start sleeping long hours and acting like the smart adult he's going to be. So, again, be patient.

I mean, what more could you want? The cards as good as told you he's going to be "magical."

And by the way—what will you name him given this card? Merlin? Dumbledore? ;)

LaRazia

Sounds like you've picked a beauty. And from the card, he's going to be smart and clever. Which, believe me, are the best cats. They talk to you, they keep you company, they make you laugh, they protect and watch over you, they even argue and fight with you sometimes—and they even show you when things are wrong. I remember one such cat that meowed and got his owner to follow him and ran to show him that the bathroom plumbing was broken and was flooding. Good kitty!

Though I know you want calm and quiet, if this is a kitten, then please be patient. Kittens want and need to play and they don't sleep as much as adult cats. Play with him often, give him toys to attack and chase (laser pointers are great), watch that he doesn't get himself stuck or locked into closets as he explores. And be aware that it'll take about two years before he'll start sleeping long hours and acting like the smart adult he's going to be. So, again, be patient.

I mean, what more could you want? The cards as good as told you he's going to be "magical."

Thank you Thirteen for your lovely interpretation of the card!

Well, I choose the name way before this card was pulled so it was decided before I did any tarot to find out what the kitty is going to be like. I dont know if the name is fitting with the Magician card, but the name I picked is Mozzart.

And yes, he does look really smart from the pictures I have seen of him, he is also the most beautifull kitty of all of his siblings, he is really white even for a persian cat and has really bright blue piercing eyes and all of his other siblings despite being persian cats as well are not as nearly as white and pretty and all of their eyes are somehow darker and more sad whilst he has such bright,clear ones, the brightest blue I have seen.

I will not mind if he is lively and playfull, just not too playful to knock things over too much . I do plan to pamper him as I have already choosen a very fluffy and cozzy and stylish bed for him, a collar with an adress plate and a shinny crown pendulum, special foods, toys, I even plan to take him once a month to a cat hair studio salon so he could get the best fur care.

seaglass

He's going to charm your socks off (✿◠‿◠)

Thirteen

ell, I choose the name way before this card was pulled so it was decided before I did any tarot to find out what the kitty is going to be like. I dont know if the name is fitting with the Magician card, but the name I picked is Mozzart.
I think that's a great name! And as Mozart was not only a genius and magician at music, but wrote the Magic Flute, very apt.

And he's going to adore you. You're going to be his buddy and his mom and his playmate :) You might want to consider forgoing the collar, however. Kitties really don't like collars and it can make them lose fur around their necks or get caught on things as they play or climb. What is a must—collar or no collar--is the chip in the ear. It's a tiny microchip that is surgically put on the ear. You can have it done when you have him fixed. Then you register the chip online along with a picture of the kitty. He shouldn't be allowed out anyway, but if he gets out, then that chip will help you regain him, as vets now routinely check found kitties that are brought to them to see if they have said chip. And any registered chip tells them who and where the owner is.

And the salon is a great idea. Persians need that kind of pampering. Sounds like you're very ready for him.

nisaba

I'm thinking more ... Rincewind, if he is fearful. Or Ponder Stibbons if he is thoughtful. Or Mustrum Ridcully, for when he gets fat and lazy.

nisaba

You might want to consider forgoing the collar, however. Kitties really don't like collars and it can make them lose fur around their necks or get caught on things as they play or climb.
There are special cat-collars - here, anyway - that release if they get caught on something. I've had cats on and off for thirty-odd years, and I've always had them collared. They don't mind it (like anything, eg having their nails clipped, they need to be introduced young), and I've never had any of mine lose fur. I think that happens if they are too tight and there is no circulation under them. You need to be able to insert two fingers to their first joint under the collar. Tight enough to stay on, loose enough not to be a problem. :)

What is a must—collar or no collar--is the chip in the ear. It's a tiny microchip that is surgically put on the ear.
Our microchips are injected between the shoulder blades. They are compulsory, and relate to the compulsory council registration for companion-animals. They go on a database, and every time a lost animal, dog or cat, is found, it is scanned to locate its owner. And every time you take your animal to the vet, no matter how well they know you and the animal, they will routinely scan it to make sure it's legally yours. It's a legal requirement and takes about one second. If you sell or give away your animal, notifying the council will get the owner details changed.

You can have it done when you have him fixed. Then you register the chip online along with a picture of the kitty.
In Australia, it *will* be routinely done the moment he goes to a vet and the vet finds that he's not microchipped. It's a free and compulsory service. No picture is taken, but there is enough identifying information (owner name, address, email and phone number, and details of previous owners) that there is never any problem. The chip is hardly going to migrate from the cat it's inserted into, into another cat. Hey! - WHY do you have photos on yours - do the chips move from cat to cat? Are they external?

And the salon is a great idea. Persians need that kind of pampering. Sounds like you're very ready for him.

There's no greater bonding experience, especially with a long-hair, than flinging the cat over your lap, grabbing a comb, and going through their fur. They love it. I have shorthairs at the moment - they love it, too. Of course there are no tangles to work on, but it's still fun for everyone. Owners miss out on so much when they pay someone else to do things like that ...

upawell

:)

Magician = clever, talented little fellow! Cat-proof your home.

Thirteen

In Australia, it *will* be routinely done the moment he goes to a vet and the vet finds that he's not microchipped. It's a free and compulsory service. No picture is taken, but there is enough identifying information (owner name, address, email and phone number, and details of previous owners) that there is never any problem. The chip is hardly going to migrate from the cat it's inserted into, into another cat. Hey! - WHY do you have photos on yours - do the chips move from cat to cat? Are they external?
You have to ask for and pay for the chip in the U.S. It's not routinely done. And then you get the chip number and you go on a website and put in all the info on the kitty—its name, your name, etc. on that site.

WHY this info includes a place for a picture of the kitty? Redundancy in case of loss, would be my guess—because the website is also an "I've lost my cat" site. So, you've got Dumbledore registered on the website, picture included. He goes missing. You state this on the website: "Dumbledore is missing!" Someone finds a cat that looks like Dumbledore (they go to the website and see his picture on the "missing" page); as they live close, they decide to take the cat right to you rather than to the vet and have the chip scanned.

OR

Someone sees Dumbledore and snatches him. As chips are not required—and there are many cats that don't have them in the U.S.--the vet our cat-napper takes Dumbledore to may not automatically scan for one. But if the vet has seen "Dumbledore missing!" on the website, then he's likely to check for a chip, and restore Dumbledore to his rightful owner. (Note: we took our kitties to a new vet recently, and she never scanned either for a chip. She took our word for it that these were our kitties.)

That's my assumption as to why they have a place for a picture. But, hey, maybe they just know cat owners wouldn't feel the page on their kitty complete if they couldn't upload a cute pic of their baby :D