Magician as a woman!

love.actually

Hi,
I've been getting the Magician a lot about how a guy sees me...and the fact that I frequently see it together with the Devil makes me think he has a very strong negative impression of me.

I was wondering what meanings the Magician could take on as a woman. Could it mean a woman who's good at manipulating? Someone who's fake or wears too much makeup? Or more of a drama queen who loves the spotlight?

I'd welcome all and any suggestions :)

Grizabella

Well, it's not necessarily a negative thing. You might be a master illusionist when it comes to making a house or apartment---or yourself----look like a million bucks on a small budget or something like that. There are two sides to everything. Maybe he thinks you have the ability to transform a negative situation into a positive? You could look at it many different ways. :)

Cara

Just to clarify...Is "how a guy sees me" more like how he feels about me? Or how he sees you superficially?

love.actually

Well, it's not necessarily a negative thing. You might be a master illusionist when it comes to making a house or apartment---or yourself----look like a million bucks on a small budget or something like that. There are two sides to everything. Maybe he thinks you have the ability to transform a negative situation into a positive? You could look at it many different ways. :)

That's true. I feel like I was biased in thinking the card held negative connotations. As we don't know each other well beyond the superficialities, I think it alludes to this surface perception of me. I'd love it to mean that he thinks I have a lot of personal power, though! :)

love.actually

Just to clarify...Is "how a guy sees me" more like how he feels about me? Or how he sees you superficially?

I asked about how he sees me superficially. We don't know each other too well, so I thought the question was more appropriate.

RunningWild

I think I can understand how you might get that negative vibe from the combination of The Magician + The Devil.

The Magician can be all about communication. He is the ultimate salesman, fast-talking a potential client into something they probably don't really need and convincing them they want it badly. I often tell people that he's like the used car salesman of the cards.

Couple that with the Devil and you might have someone who just keeps talking. It's all about them, and they go on and on and on.

If that's how he views you, you may just want to write him off.

Cenozoic

Well when you ask about how he see's you, it's from his own view point, so it's what he currently views of you. It could be very different from what you're actually like though.

Magician can create great and astonishing tricks, but so can the Devil. Both cards are about manipulation, change, transformation, control of things to their liking. So in a sense these abilities could be both good (the Magician) and bad (the Devil), or that's how he views it.

tarotcognito

First thing that came to mind - he sees you as a good communicator, someone with witty conversation who can hold her own in an animated discussion on a variety of subjects. Easy to talk to, basically.

Devil - maybe he thinks you`re sexy - or materialistic.

My two cents. :)

Cara

I asked about how he sees me superficially. We don't know each other too well, so I thought the question was more appropriate.

I would say that he is quite fascinated by you. I feel the Magician is a very positive card, so I don't immediately think of the more negative traits. He may be a little intimidated by you since he sees you as "put together" or having all the right stuff. I'd say that the Devil with the Magician would be intense fascination with sexual undertones.

Sar

Looking great with makeup?