Magick: Book 4, Liber Aba (Magick Bk. 4)

Professor X

Right now I am at the part of the book where it speaks about the events leading up to Crowley recieving the Book of Law from Aiwass. I must say I find it to be the most fascinating reading I have done in a while. I am totally caught up in what is going on.

The Steele of Revealing is another fascinating subject.

One question I have is this: Are their any sites on the web that have the full collections of Crowleys papers? Liber ABA has tons of his papers but yet there are plenty missing.

Professor X

By the way I did my first ritual out of this book.

I did the Liber Samekh ritual this morning after I got up.
This is my first Crowley ritual. It had a very very invigorating effect on me.
I will do the ritual again sometime next week.

I also want to attend a Gnostic Mass one day.

ravenest

Professor X said:
The Steele of Revealing is another fascinating subject.
Oooo Yeah! AC says its 'our' link to antiquity. I'd say - for me - its been a doorway into the past ... amazing stuff, also linked with That bubba and the Sign of Silence

There ya go Kat - there is another one of those ...."and I thought he was exagerating."

thorhammer

ravenest said:
There ya go Kat - there is another one of those ...."and I thought he was exagerating."
Noted :) I've been having lots to do with HPK lately, too. I know there's no exaggeration. He's blowing my mind.

\m/ Kat

ravenest

Professor X said:
One question I have is this: Are their any sites on the web that have the full collections of Crowleys papers? Liber ABA has tons of his papers but yet there are plenty missing.
There are some that are still missing, the 'missing Libers', manuscripts Crowley refers to and have been lost (so far), Liber .... - The Cactus comes to mind.
[I say so far because sometimes lost stuff gets found, like the original Liber Al script, 'recently' refound by some guy (?) in some boxes. An interesting story, he ended up contacting Israel Regardie about it - interesting response from I.R. and sorry, cant remember where I read about it.]

rif

Professor X said:
. Not only that but a lot of esoteric groups have taught similar concepts about each individual being a god. However it appears Crowley back in 1904 beat them to it.

If you want to get down to it, the ancient Greeks beat Crowley to it long before 1904. :D Liber Samekh and the Bornless One invocation is really based on the invocation to the Headless One, found in the PGM (Greek Papyrii).

Professor X

I have come to another interesting point in Book 4.

It concerns on of the god forms on page 617.

The form I am questioning about is the one in Figure 34L.
The form of Horus and Mentu 6=5.

Does anyone have any more information about this position. It is one of the NOX signs Crowley developed. I have done this form and felt the surge of energy. It has proven to be very potent so far.

I did a tarot reading concering which form I should work with and the card for this particular position (Temperance) was the most powerful card. So I started doing some work with it.

The one with the worst card (10 of Swords) was the Attitude of Pan or Bacchus form 7=4. So I will stay away from using that form too much.

Why specifically did Crowley come up with the NOX signs. I am reading in Book 4 but it doesnt really say why he came up with them.

Probie

Grigori said:
From a tarot perspective, it might also be helpful to get a more classical Golden Dawn deck, as the differences between it and the Thoth deck will explain a lot. Unfortunately there is only one in print at the moment, and its not the prettiest deck, but it would be the best I think for this purpose.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/golden-dawn/

The book Wang's Qabalistic Tarot is by the same person who did this deck, and it specifically compares the Thoth to the GD deck (as well as to RWS and TdM).
http://www.amazon.com/Qabalistic-Ta...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262478174&sr=8-2

If I have the later Wang production (the book), do I need the deck mentioned above?