Majors in order?

KMilliron

Just wondering how you'd interpret majors that appear in a reading in ascending or descending order (such as Emperor, Hierophant, and Lovers/ Devil, Tower, Star/ World, Judgement, Sun to name some examples)

Would you read each card seperately or woiuld you read the group as a special meaning? This has me stumped, figured I'd hear from you pros out there.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

-KM

aranarose

I would interpret it as saying you're on the right track, sort of heading down the right path. Of course, that's going to depend on the Majors that you get, but if you view the Majors as a Journey, aka "The Fool's Journey," having them in order is probably a good thing.

KMilliron

aranarose said:
I would interpret it as saying you're on the right track, sort of heading down the right path. Of course, that's going to depend on the Majors that you get, but if you view the Majors as a Journey, aka "The Fool's Journey," having them in order is probably a good thing.
What about in descending order in that matter? I'm assuming that would be a bad thing?

aranarose

KMilliron said:
What about in descending order in that matter? I'm assuming that would be a bad thing?

Not necessarily a bad thing, but perhaps that you're heading in the wrong direction for your current goals. It might indicate delays or setbacks.

GreenMoonBeam

KMilliron said:
Just wondering how you'd interpret majors that appear in a reading in order (such as Emperor, Hierophant, and Lovers)

Would you read each card seperately or as a special meaning? This has me stumped, figured I'd hear from you pros out there.

-KM
You just did a reading where the 1st three Majors featured. It would be more practical to discuss them rather than a straight of three more Majors further down the journey of The Fool. Analyse and know the first cards & progess to the rest, imo.

KMilliron

GreenMoonBeam said:
You just did a reading where the 1st three Majors featured. It would be more practical to discuss them rather than a straight of three more Majors further down the journey of The Fool. Analyse and know the first cards & progess to the rest, imo.
Emperor and them were just an example. I wanted to use the word "chronilogical" but it didn't feel right to me. I'll go and edit the first post to be more specific.
It could really start with any card and in any order. Like from chariots to lovers, or the high priestess up to the moon. Any ascending or descending set of cards I suppose is what I'm trying to say.

GreenMoonBeam

KMilliron said:
Emperor and them were just an example. I wanted to use the word "chronilogical" but it didn't feel right to me. I'll go and edit the first post to be mroe specific.
It could really start with any card and in any order. Like from chariots to lovers, or the high priestess up to the moon. Any ascending or descending set of cards I suppose is what I'm trying to say.

Chronilogical would be wrong, yes. It is chronOlogical. :)

Interpretation would be depend on the question. Order would then important if we perceive elemental differences which occur.

KMilliron

GreenMoonBeam said:
Chronilogical would be wrong, yes. It is chronOlogical. :)
Sorry. Can't see the keyboard/sleep deprived. Not a good combo. Thanks for the spell check :D

Interpretation would be depend on the question. Order would then important if we perceive elemental differences which occur.
Elemental differences? There are things everyone keeps throwing at me that I never even consider. One more reason I'm still a newb I guess.
But I'm a nerd newb, and luckily in my files I do have Major Arcana elemental assignments, so I can just look that up right now. ^^

ETA-Sequential! Haha, that was the word I was looking for.

SunChariot

KMilliron said:
Just wondering how you'd interpret majors that appear in a reading in ascending or descending order (such as Emperor, Hierophant, and Lovers/ Devil, Tower, Star/ World, Judgement, Sun to name some examples)

Would you read each card seperately or woiuld you read the group as a special meaning? This has me stumped, figured I'd hear from you pros out there.

-KM
That's one of those things that I don't have a set rule for. I would follow my intuition on it when it happens. Which would mean that in some readings it is meaningful and in others not.

I have to say that usually I don't assign meaning to that, but at times I do. In a recent reading I did feel called upon to do so.

Babs