Your opinion, please...

jdev

Om Namah Sivaya,
I am probably asking a weird question. I am new to the cards and I love to sit around and just shuffle them in various ways when I'm not doing exercises or studying. I guess I'm trying to bond with them. Here's the funny thing - I always have two cards that jump out of the deck or rest on the bottom or top. It's happened *way* too many times to be a coincidence. They are The Hermit (which I am drawn to - my life's goal is to be a brahmacari (monk) in my guru's ashram in India) and the six of chalices. I am not really experiencing anything that I know of that would keep bringing the six of chalices to the front, and I especially don't know what they mean together. But it's obvious that the cards are trying to tell me something by continually pushing them out at me. What gives? Any interpretations of the two cards in tandem? I'm not asking questions or thinking of anything specific when these jump out, so I don't even have a question that I can attach to those two cards.

brightcrazystar

adopted for what little I know of various Indo-centric systems, based on your preference. I have studied svecchecharia and bodichitta, various eastern and western tantras, and live with my girl, who is a Kripalu Yoga certified teacher. I also have a good friend and sister who is a student of the Hindu and Buddhist traditions who did a study-share with me about Western Magick, including Tarot. We therfore came up with some parallels with common guided expereinces in back in the years 1999-2001. Hopefully this will be of use to you.

6 of Cups
the solar aspect of the Six of Cups is that of the merger of the Anahatta Chakra, Manipura Chakra, and Visshudhi Chakra, into the Complete Cardiac Plexus... as the Medium for recieving the "Unstruck Sound" - but is not the origin of the unstruck sound (aum, in many traditions). It shows Lalita Tripurasundari (aspect Goddess of the the Sri Yantra) at play as a child in innocence and love which occurs during the initial phases of sunna-samadhi, the realization of the non-division and unification of the (generally seperated) Sensible, Conceptual, and Ultimate overlapping potentials of reality. These are usually seperated by the ego, and this division confounds the self-knowledge. This is why it is the presence of a young boy (Vissudhi, as perfect knowledge), young girl (as Anahatta, a reference to her hymen as virgin maid ligusitically exists), and the garden (Manipura, city of jewels - a reference to Paradiso, where the flowers of the garden are as jewels); these all all brought into the common vessel of the cup, which passes between them all. This cup is the merger, and thus the AUM, but not its origin. That origin is on the other side of consciousness and beyond the illusion of singular existence.

The Hermit is in the body the nervous system, the means by which we process all sensory input. It is in the major arcanum and thus could mean many things. Mostly, it is the experience of a sensible world that creates all desire and greed, despite its other more the noble intentions. http://www.urday.in/fifthtantra1.htm

SunChariot

I certainly can't top that answer, but I will tell you what it means to me. For me. the Hermit - taking time out alone...to think, be, and make some life decisons. I do have a rather unique way of reading that I developed along the way. But for me the 6 of Chalices/Cups= loving feelings. Chalices are our feelongs and I tend to refer the number of the card back to the Major Arcana of the same number. So 6 is the Lovers, about love.

Maybe the two combined are about taking a time out to get more deeply into yourself so that you can feel and later express loving feelings (feelings of love of life and all that is is and everyone in it) more deeply out into the world. Or maybe the balance of the two. As if you may feel you need a time out to yourself at times, at the same time as the others in your life need to feel your loving feelings for them. Or someting allong those lines.

Just my thoughts

Babs

Gia

I received a very clairvoyant message that you're receiving a big nod from the universe that you are heading in the correct direction for your goals! The Hermit very much depicts your desire to work as a monk, the 6 of cups a symbol of a very happy, fulling and enriched home...which I see as your new home! Continue on your path with the blessings of the universe!

omnislashed

I'm wondering if your ambition regarding being a brahmacari has been something you have contemplated (and researched) for a long while? Rather than it being a recent decision?

The reason I am inquiring is because the Six of Cups often represents past endeavors, connecting (or re-connecting) to your "roots". Perhaps the energy symbolized by The Hermit is something that you've felt intrinsically connected toward for a lifetime now (or, if you believe in reincarnation, within previous lifetimes), and the Tarot is gently nudging you closer toward exploring that path. In other words, I believe your "bonding" practices with your cards has been working; you have established an intimate harmony with them.

Additionally, it might be an advisement toward further introspection, asking you to reflect upon your history. It might be saying: "The key to understanding your future is by exploring critical elements within your past."

jdev

You all are so wonderful and helpful! And enlightening!