Marseilles Decks

tmgrl2

Thanks, jmd. I have already e-mailed for prices on the Dodal and Noblet 22's.

brennamor

I have a number of the TdM decks already mentioned (ranging from the Hadar & Camoin to the Heron & Dusserre). Now I'm trying to find some books to help me understand the symbolism and history behind the decks.

On of the things I enjoyed about the Encyclopedias of Tarot is the histories given (especially the Sforzas and Viscontis) And I recently picked up the Sylvie Simon book The Tarot based on some recommendations I saw here.

Can anyone else recommend additional books to help a monoglot English speaker learn more about the TdM? ;)

hyatt

Thanks for this post, I have been interested in starting to study a marseilles deck but haven't known where to start. Thanks! I think ruby is right just dive in and you know you will want another one sooner or later anyway.

Little Baron

Got one!!!

Due to a very kind gesture from Chris (78th Fool), I now have a Marseilles ... the Grimaud. Thanks also to Chris, he added some treats in the package (Ancient Tarot of Lombardy and Ancient Tarot of Bologna' - I will be writing to you this evening, Chris :p It was a lovely surprise.

I am really looking forward to getting familiar with these decks - the Grimaud, in particular. Such bright and stark images - like tuning the light on, I felt when I looked at them, or fine tuning the picture on the television.

Anybody else here use the Grimaud? Anyone know of some good threads or websites focusing on that deck?

Best wishes to you all.

Yaboot

Shalott

Howdy, just re-reading this thread, and went off to look for a Grimaud...and although it's probably a good thing that I can't seem to find it because I can't afford another deck right now, but I can't find it! I looked at Tarot Garden, amazon.ca and amazon.fr, Tarot Garden has it listed but says it's our of print, it's not listed in the others at all. Where did you guys purchase this deck?

Diana

Shalott said:
Where did you guys purchase this deck?

Most people on Aeclectic who have them send me a PM and I send them one. Here they are available in all the shops that sell Tarot decks, and even sometimes in department shops.

tmgrl2

tmgrl2 said:
Thanks, jmd. I have already e-mailed for prices on the Dodal and Noblet 22's.

By the way, I never received an answer to my e-mail request. I think this is the second time. Any suggestions? I went to the website and used order "contact me" link.

terri

Shalott

Diana said:
Most people on Aeclectic who have them send me a PM and I send them one. Here they are available in all the shops that sell Tarot decks, and even sometimes in department shops.

Oh, cool. I'll look a little harder around here although I haven't seen much in Marseille selection where I am. (Not even amazon.com america!) If nothing turns up I will PM you as soon as I have a little saved up, if that's cool with you! :D Thanks for helping us out with that!

jmd

I suspect the Flornoys are on vacation for a little while...

Flornoy

tmgrl2 said:
By the way, I never received an answer to my e-mail request. I think this is the second time. Any suggestions? I went to the website and used order "contact me" link.

terri

Sorry Terri, I don't understand how we didn't get your request. We did have computer problems at one time, and our server has put draconian anti-spam measures in place... The Noblet deck is 38 euros and Dodal 42 euros. Normally, going through the website to make an order or request information works fine... I hope another request will pass correctly - if not, one can always go through the Aeclectic contact.

News:
Exhibit at Meaux in France , from Sept 10 - 26. Thearte-Mediatheque. Included are Bibliotheque Nationale loans of 6 Dodal, 6 Conver and 6 Chausson (major arcana)