Mediums, Tarot and inviting in spirits

Asbestos Mango

OK, so I have this online friend in England who is considering buying a Tarot deck and learning to do readings.

Thing is, he's a natural medium (which seems to cause him a certain amount of, er, inconvenience).

He's a bit concerned that if he starts working with the Tarot, he will in effect be extending an invitation for some of the nastier variety of spirits to come in.

Are there any Tarot-reading mediums who have experience with this sort of thing? Has anyone inadvertently opened a portal by using Tarot cards, maybe with a certain type of sitter or certain type of questions?

I myself don't think he has anything to worry about, but I'd like to put his mind at ease.

Sinduction

Um, no.

As long as he is shielded he's fine. Of course, I have no idea what you mean by "portal."

I do a lot of work with spirits and I've never encountered a portal. Basic shielding of negative entities works just fine for me.

amethyst57

burn some white sage incense,use the konxari cards...

Asbestos Mango

Sinduction- maybe "portal" is the wrong word. Basically he says that there are negative entities that can only come in if you invite them, and he's concerned that doing readings about a certain type of question (he wasn't specific on that) might be taken as an invitation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "shielding" but he says he has to put barriers up to keep the dead people from bothering him at inconvenient moments.

rockersgurl- I'll pass along the white sage incense thing. What are konxari cards? I've been recommending that he get the RWS because it's the most familiar deck.

Maya86

Hey there,

I always start a reading with a little prayer and pray for the highest possible healing to take place and I always invite God and His love, wisdom and compassion. I also ask for my highest possible guides and a legion of angels to be present. No negativity can permeate the space. I don't know how he works but I would never let a deceased loved one into my body- I have the angels for that. :) They usually pass on the information to me or are around when the deceased loved one is relying it. :)

Hope this helps. :) You could get him to dedicate his new tarot deck to the light too with intention and a simple prayer. :)

Hope this helps.

- Maya

Le Fanu

Those Konxari cards look really gimmicky. I'm not sure I believe that hard sell plug on the video...

I see no reason why tarot would invite evil spirits any more than dice would. Isn't it a bit of a medieval hangover to think they might? But then there's nothing I can say that might put the mind of someone (who is worried) at ease.

Asbestos Mango

BellissiMaya said:
Hey there,

I always start a reading with a little prayer and pray for the highest possible healing to take place and I always invite God and His love, wisdom and compassion. I also ask for my highest possible guides and a legion of angels to be present. No negativity can permeate the space. I don't know how he works but I would never let a deceased loved one into my body- I have the angels for that. :) They usually pass on the information to me or are around when the deceased loved one is relying it. :)

Hope this helps. :) You could get him to dedicate his new tarot deck to the light too with intention and a simple prayer. :)

Hope this helps.

- Maya

It occurred to me that I could just tell him to get a picture of St. Michael the Archangel and have him say the prayer to St. Michael before he does a reading.

He doesn't "work" per se. The spirits just randomly talk to him, or give him feelings that there is something going on with someone he cares about. Mostly he tries to block it, but stuff still gets through.

I'm with LeFanu. I really don't see how Tarot would invite evil or negative spirits in. It's not like a Ouija board, where you're actively asking spirits to contact you, but my not have control over what comes through.

Baroli

Asbestos Mango said:
OK, so I have this online friend in England who is considering buying a Tarot deck and learning to do readings.

Thing is, he's a natural medium (which seems to cause him a certain amount of, er, inconvenience).

He's a bit concerned that if he starts working with the Tarot, he will in effect be extending an invitation for some of the nastier variety of spirits to come in.

Are there any Tarot-reading mediums who have experience with this sort of thing? Has anyone inadvertently opened a portal by using Tarot cards, maybe with a certain type of sitter or certain type of questions?

I myself don't think he has anything to worry about, but I'd like to put his mind at ease.

I've never had other spirits coming in, but I am pretty grounded when I do read. My guides take care of me so I am sure his will too. The only odd thing I have had happen, and it happens once in awhile, is that I will channel someone I know in, and do a reading for that person (talk about third person readings, sheesh!). Usually happens late, late at night, when I am extremely tired. Obviously, I don't do readings normally at 3 am, but I couldn't sleep this time and the person's question was weighing on me. So I did her reading and sent it by email. Problem was, it had nothing to do with her. lol I apologized and redid the reading. As soon as I reread what I sent to her, I knew who it was for and why I channeled that person.

celticnoodle

I am a tarot and oracle card reader, and a psychic/psychic medium. I have had times when I am doing a reading that a spirit comes through--but always the spirit was connected to the client i was reading for. I've never had an unwanted spirit come through in a tarot card reading. not that I recall anyway.

I also use tarot/oracles to contact spirits, (including now, the Konxari cards rockersgurl speaks of), but I often give tarot readings and not have any spirit come through.

I agree that if your friend is interested in doing the tarot readings that he may want to 'shield' himself, which is like a protection request for himself. I do this before every reading, whether it is tarot, oracle, psychic or psychic medium reading. I do a very simple 'shielding' which just consists of asking my guides and Archangel Michael to watch over me and keep me safe from all unwanted, or harmful spirits and I also ask them to help me make contact with the spirits that are connected to the client and have a message for them/or me.

I don't burn sage, or light candles or incense, and I don't do much else, save some times I do meditate before doing a reading. I try to meditate every day, but there are times I don't get to it, and only say that above prayer I mentioned re: my guides, and Archangel Michael. I rarely ever have any problems with unwanted spirits.