Melissa's Wicked Sibyl

MoonGypsy

I got my notification! Looking so forward to this!

MG, I'm sure you're getting a notification soon!

Congrats, dear LB! :D i am sure i will receive my shipping notification, soon...sniff, sniff...:p but i want it NOWWWWWW!!! :laugh:

i guess there is no rhyme or reason to the shipping chronology, as i pre-orderd mine with Paypal on June 15th...:)

MoonGypsy

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! er...um...:p

i got the coveted Notification! My Wicked Sibyl has hopped on her Broom and is on her Wayyyyy!!!!!

Yep...very excited!

Asher

Whoo hoo!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! er...um...:p

i got the coveted Notification! My Wicked Sibyl has hopped on her Broom and is on her Wayyyyy!!!!!

Yep...very excited!

Me too! I was beginning to think she was taking the international route to my house!

Very, very excited!

Asher

She's here!

The Wicked Sibyl has arrived!

She comes in a black metal tin with the title affixed to the lid. The tin is tied in a black and white skull-decorated ribbon, and the deck is wrapped inside. Melissa has also included a sheet of both Lenormand and wicked Sibyl interpretations, which is ghoulishly delightful!

The cards are wonderful! I'm so glad Melissa took the extra time with the printer to resolve the dark resolution of the first proofs. Cardstock is whippy and flexible and appear to shuffle easily. These are gorgeous, and scary and macabre, just perfect for the end of the month celebrations!

An extra set of Man and Woman cards are also included.

A wait well worth it!

Penthasilia

Agreed! I was able to look at them shortly before my daughter whisked them away gleefully! ;)

Extraordinary imagery is what hit me first, that and the beautiful presentation from the lovely tin to the fabulous ribbon.

The cardstock is nice and whippy- but seems as though it will hold up to shuffling quite well.

Perfectly spooky, wonderfully creepy and fantastically Halloween- it is a remarkable deck.

:)

I am sure there will be squeals of enjoyment as they arrive at their new homes.

ladybird

Hooray! What a wonderful surprise to come home to after jury duty. Love it! The extra Lady and Gentleman are creeptastic. I am digging the Lady's red eyes!

This deck is really unique with her choices for Clover, Snake, Fox, Stork & Dog (and really most of the cards) being non traditional. I like that she didn't call it a Lenormand.

The image quality is really nice and I enjoy her digicollage work. She's very talented and inspiring! Definitely going to be my go to deck this holiday season.

I also got SevenStar's Samhain Lenormand which will be fun to read with too but I think the Wicked Sibyl has a spirit to it that my clients will enjoy better with its macabre feel.

I also love that matte black tin. I'm actually ordering these for the Antiquarian Lenormand's next printing. I found a manufacturer in Idaho that sell these black tins, I got one as a sample along with a copper and silver. The copper was cool but there's just something about the matte black finish that is fantastic!

The only downside to this deck (and I hesitate to mention it) is that the backs are out of focus. I'm not sure if that was intentional but it doesn't feel like it. Its really NOT a big deal at all but maybe worth a mention?

Anyway, an amazing Halloween deck but I'll be reading with it year round! Happy to get them for the season.

I look forward to a GT with it soon.

ladybird

Hooray! What a wonderful surprise to come home to after jury duty. Love it! The extra Lady and Gentleman are creeptastic. I am digging this Lady's red eyes!

This deck is really unique and I adore her choices for Clover, Snake, Fox, Stork & Dog (and really most of the cards). It's a nice change from the traditional emblems. I also like that she didn't call it a Lenormand.

The image quality is really nice and I enjoy her digicollage work. Mel's very talented and inspiring! Definitely going to be my go to deck this holiday season.

I also love that matte black tin. I'm actually ordering these for the Antiquarian Lenormand's next printing. I found a manufacturer in Idaho that sells these black tins, I got one as a sample along with a copper tin and silver. The copper was cool but there's just something about the matte black finish that is fantastic!

The only downside to this deck (and I hesitate to even mention it) is that the backs are out of focus. I'm not sure if that was intentional. Its really NOT a big deal at all but maybe worth a mention?

Anyway, a fabulous Halloween deck but I'll be reading with it year round! Happy to get them for the season.

Amazing deck. I look forward to a GT with it soon.

MoonGypsy

i have happily received mine too! :) i agree with most everything Asher, Penthasilia and Lady Bird said about this fabulous deck package/ [adore the tin and ribbon]. my only complaint is that a couple of the images still printed a wee bit dark IMHO. [at least for my eyes] and i can't help bu wish there was more contrast in the letter card. But these are very minor complaints, and over all i am very, very happy to have this fantastic deck. [especially having watched it develop from Mel's first glimmer of inspiration a few years ago.] It will be a joy to use and a whole lot of spooky fun. i do highly recommend it!

MoonGypsy

Anybody else get theirs? :D

Astraea

Mine came yesterday, too, and I agree with everything my colleagues have said. The tin was so niftily wrapped, I could hardly bear to open it! Quite a lovely deck for Halloween, or any time.