Mercury in Retrograde

skathendia

Just wondering how Mercury in Retrograde affects your readings if it does or doesn't and how or do you all just give up the cards until Mercury is back in line?

Thunder

It's more diffucult to read and while Mercury is retrograde there are a lot of reversed cards that come up. Sometimes I lay three or even five-card tarot reading and all the cards are reversed and I don't keep that much reversals in the deck so the possibility of this happening is not that high. That's why I don't read a lot durign Mercury retrograde.

LeFou

Personally, I don't see why Mercury would affect Tarot, which (to me) is more about the Moon's energy.

mahafrins

It causes miscommunication and difficult communicating I believe.. I have not tested how it affects my reading but I guess it affects my life generally....

Like at present have problems with my seniors for near cogent fault of my own..

AnemoneRosie

I don't have problems reading as much as I have difficulty communicating. This includes communicating my reading to querents. I have a lot more requests for clarification and I have more struggles trying to tell my querents what the cards are telling them. It's normal for me to hit one or two road-blocks per reading when it comes to using my words and saying what it is that I'm trying to say.
Now I'm up to three or four and it's just a bit more frustrating.

Interestingly I also hear more of my co-workers offering to do interpretive dance as a form of communication during this time.

tarot_quest

Don't forget that around 18-20% of people have mercury retrograde at birth. For these people, having a transit of mercury retrograde will create an ambiance/mood that they feel familiar with.

Also, if a client has mercury retrograde at birth, his mind and thought processes might be more sharp and the message you are giving might pass more easily.

I also believe that other astrological aspects have an impact on the quality of the reading, not only isolated aspect (like mercury retrograde)

The positive aspect with this transit is that even if you may have more difficulty to phrase you thoughts, the idea itself might be deeper or more relevant than usual

ravenest

Different ideas abound about what the effect of Mercury retrograde is. Many seemed to have assumed that its 'going backwards' so the reverse of Mercury's qualities apply.

Then ... Mercury = communication , therefore Mercury Rx = bad or no communication.

I think that is a simplistic and 'pop' explanation. It might even be causing the perceived problems ? ; "Oh no, Mercury is retrograde again ... get ready for the problems ! "

IT seems more related to (using reading as an example ) ; we rush ahead and then ... 'what was that I just read?' and then go back ( the retrograde part ) and re-read it again ( prograde ) , that is, it returns to a point to go over a section again.

Intuition is high during these periods, and coincidences can be extraordinary.

So, in some cases, that would seem a great energy for a tarot reading.

This one goes to June 11th .... why not use this period to experiment with the above outlook and see if it changes your readings ?

Next 'chance' is September 17 – October 9.

Dark Victory '39

i've changed opinions about decks at mercury ret: as in re-thinking how i feel. it's happened twice where i scrambled to re-buy a deck i had already sold. however, the second time that happened, i said, 'you know, d.v. it's mercury retrograde. hold your horses and if you still want a month from now, or whenever mercury's out of its shadow period and back to moving at a usual direct pace, have at it' :) so i try to be a slower consumer during retrograde periods.

nisaba

Just wondering how Mercury in Retrograde affects your readings if it does or doesn't and how or do you all just give up the cards until Mercury is back in line?

I never know when Mercury is in retrograde. My life is peaceful and calm all the time nowdays, and my readings work.

I find that on Facebook particularly, lots of my friends squawk "Mercury retrograde!" like an accusation when they personally are going through a bad time: I go away and look it up and often Mercury isn't retrograde.

I'm not to keen to blame the universe for my own swings of mood as a person or competence as a reader.

Grizabella

Well, once again, nisaba and I are of the same view.

I don't know anything about astrology, other than I'm a Sagittarian and people have said Temperance is associated with that sign, and that's about it.

My life is busy and any busy life, especially for me, can involve mishaps due to absent-mindedness (scatterbrained my mother use to call me) and other little ripples in the stream of life. I have to keep my life simple these days and if I do, it's really enjoyable, mishaps and all. :)

I also see people griping about Mercury retrograde on Facebook all the time. I don't get it. First of all, what I read about it is that Mercury only seems to go backward but doesn't really. So in that case people are actually sabotaging themselves by thinking it's a big backwards thing that causes problems.

I also read somewhere recently why it is that people want to connect astrology and numerology to Tarot when it wasn't originally connected but I've forgotten what it said. I do remember, though, that the author said it didn't work out right to be fitted in with Tarot in a mathematical way---something like that.

Anyway, Mercury whether retro or not just doesn't even make a blip on my radar unless I see FB people complaining about it.