Method for Interpreting Decks With Scenic Minors

gregory

Confused here. :confused:

What exactly was the toxic bit ? Lord knows I have arguments with raven FREQUENTLY and he often drives me nuts - but this time, I honestly can't see it. Unless you are suggesting that every post should start out (as an angry person on another forum I'm on now does) "this is my own view and I speak only for myself and not for anyone else." That REALLY makes debate dull.

aurafields

Didn't intend to hit a sensitive nerve.
Criticising is not debating. It is attacking someones view, not questioning it. Who are we to critisize? And, what validates another to demean someones take on a reading in the first place. You would find if difficult to find anyone more interested than I am on hearing and seeing the views and opinions of others laid out for discussion. I never said "Tarot is this and nothing else". I have stated time and again that Tarot cards in general hold many meanings for readers and querents alike, and that the subconsciouss mind of any reader will in fact adopt the archetypes as its own, making one meaning stand out as a personal reference more than others for that reader. It's okay if you don't agree with my view here, it really doesn't bother me at all. I am not the least bit angry. But, the angry way you responded is the toxicicity of pen,that I am talking about. The more readings I see, even the ones that seem off the wall to me, offer me new perspectives I never imagined and give me a lot to add to the Tarot Files in my brain. But, I am seeing a lot of "this is wrong", and "this is the meaning", as if the person writing these post insist their way is the exact and only way to interpret the cards, and implying that the poster is off the mark. By all means, lets "reasonably challenge" anything you feel a desire to, for that is part of the purpose of this forum in my opinion. Sometimes it just seems that some people have found this a forum to vent their frustrations, insecurities, and anger at unsuspecting readers who are just on here trying to share and find support while learning a skill to become better readers. "I think all the posters above realize this", is a manipulative ploy-"just calling it as ""I see it". I hear your comments about "examination and evaluation", and " hard challenging questions", but I fail to see where you contribute in that way to this post. Where are the hard challenging questions? They might be well worth examining. Ego driven statements "You're wrong", "The card means this", "As I've explained, the cards means this", imply one is more intelligent or better capable of understanding the cards than another, and the interpretation by these authors are often "off," "in my opinion", anyway. So where does that lead the person truly desiring to share and learn? And, unless a person has stated that to be the case about themselves, that they think they are in need of solid straightening up of their opinions and views, attempts at divining the meanings of the cards, I find it distracting to have to thwart angry criticism, (tearing down another opinion), rather than seeing an "intelligent" consideration of that offered by a fellow reader. I really didn't mean to offend. But, bullying is not an intelligent action. Intelligence is kindness, and the mark of unkindness towards another sinks deep into those trying to learn a new skill, often causing them to feel inferior and even give up. Like you, I also am, "just calling it as I see it". My statement about Tarot having always been a visual( aid of sorts) since the beginning of time, stands. Any research at all will lead you to understand that Tarot has been used for centuries in order to assist those who desire to bring their unconscious awareness into consciouss states through the application of visual symbols. Its simple. Everything we see becomes a symbol in some way to our unconsciouss mind, and for those who chose to become aware, to the consciouss mind as well. Dreaming while awake is in fact how I have come to experience psychic ability and most channeling. Tapping into the architypal symbols the cards present to the reader at any given time, allows for deep probing of ones life path and I have seen amazing things result from the spiritual growth of having done so for myself and thousands of others. Best wishes in the new year.

I wanted to clear something up. I don't think that those who adopt symbols more readily and those who are more likely to intuit in the Tarot readings is in some way q superior method to those who read verbatim ir any other way. I reviewed my post and could see where my reference to the" adoption of the visual images in archetypal symbols-unconscious vs conscious", could have implied this. That wasn't my point at all. I was simply noting that all visual symbols take root even if the straight forward methods of reading apply. I do highly intuitive readings, and my daughter does more verbatim reading. She is just as accurate as I am, we just go about the process in different ways. My implication is however, that I do believe all readers begin to intuit to some degree once the subconscious mind adopts the symbols, whether the reader is aware of it or not. This is just my opinion after years of reviewing my own process and that of others.

gregory

Could you please use paragraphs when you have a lot to say, aurafields ? That wall of text was very hard to read; I kept losing my place.

Thank you.

But various methods do work for various people. We did an experiment here several years ago now, where several of us read for the same person and the same question, with different decks and different methods. It was quite extraordinary - we all drew different cards (and different numbers of cards) - and we all came up with very similar messages.

Each of us has to read in the way that works for us. That's the bottomest line.

aurafields

Could you please use paragraphs when you have a lot to say, aurafields ? That wall of text was very hard to read; I kept losing my place.

Thank you.

But various methods do work for various people. We did an experiment here several years ago now, where several of us read for the same person and the same question, with different decks and different methods. It was quite extraordinary - we all drew different cards (and different numbers of cards) - and we all came up with very similar messages.

I will comply with proper form in the future. Thanks.

aurafields

Thank you.

Yes. It is extraordinary. I love that. That's what I'm talking about. Thanks again.

gregory

I will comply with proper form in the future. Thanks.
:)

Not proper form, exactly (that's down to Solandia, who only asks for no txtspk or posts in other languages, as far as I know !) - but I did want to read what you said - and it was very hard !!! Thank you for listening !

And yes - tarot is in itself extraordinary.

aurafields

Confused here. :confused:

What exactly was the toxic bit ? Lord knows I have arguments with raven FREQUENTLY and he often drives me nuts - but this time, I honestly can't see it. Unless you are suggesting that every post should start out (as an angry person on another forum I'm on now does) "this is my own view and I speak only for myself and not for anyone else." That REALLY makes debate dull.

Not hard to read or understand, not a dull debate. Just a suggestion to use the site for the interpretation of the cards and not a forum for name calling and bullying. I signed up to be a part of a conversation with others, not to be insulting or insulted. Debates about card meanings are helpful and open minded exchanges. Real simple. My last post on this subject.

gregory

Not hard to read or understand, not a dull debate. Just a suggestion to use the site for the interpretation of the cards and not a forum for name calling and bullying. I signed up to be a part of a conversation with others, not to be insulting or insulted. Debates about card meanings are helpful and open minded exchanges. Real simple. My last post on this subject.
That's a shame, as I saw no name-calling.... and I did want to know.

Teheuti

Tarot Verbatim is a system that takes phrases from elements of the illustrations of Rider Waite, emphasizes the things the surrounding cards have in common to get the theme of the reading. . . .
Its meanings come from the field, rather than from colors or histories.
You mean sort of like this? (continue reading on the 2nd page with Activity 11:4).

https://books.google.com/books?id=1...A#v=onepage&q=amoeba organic flexible&f=false

I'm not suggesting that the processes are exactly the same, but rather both your process and mine are attempts to guide a person to explore a similar approach that may prove helpful to a reader.

21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card presents a variety of ways to read Tarot cards with an emphasis on scenic cards. There are many more ways, of course.

Mary Greer

gregory

Indeed - 21 Ways is a damn fine book.