mini deck protection?

cardlady22

Odd question here:
How big are PrintFile 35mm slide sleeves?
The description says heavyweight 4.5 mil. polyester; Archival quality with NO PVC; box of 100

I have this little hand-made Mundane Tarot that measures about 1 7/8 in by 2 1/2 in. Parts of it have begun to fade a tad and I'm terrified that handling it without some sort of protection will ruin it. Trading card sleeves or business card pouches are just too huge & thick.

tarotreader2007

It's going to be too small methinks...I work in a photo department and handle film ALL the time. If you ever get a roll of film developed, it comes back to you in sets of about 4 slides on the negative in a nice little plastic sheathing (this is for the 35 millimeter film [the most popular out there used by us regular Joes]). If you have any film negatives from a 35 mm roll, see if the card measures that size but beware that 35 mm is a tad smaller than 1.4 inches which makes me GUESS that the film cover would be too small for your cards. Hope that helps!

tarotreader2007

cardlady22

Thank you! I guess I'll have to try some contact paper, or maybe just lay some of my clear packaging tape over the card faces. They are far too small to shuffle normally anyway.