Mini Decks...?

greatdane

pocket Universal Waite and mini Secret

Are as small as I like to go with decks. Love those and I think the smaller decks are cute, but.....
Wouldn't trade my pocket Universal Waite. It's so handy to carry around and I use it for a first, and sometimes a second, opinion.

canid

greatdane said:
Are as small as I like to go with decks. Love those and I think the smaller decks are cute, but.....
Wouldn't trade my pocket Universal Waite. It's so handy to carry around and I use it for a first, and sometimes a second, opinion.

GD, bet you'd love Tarot of the New Vision. Gives a unique twist on Waite...from behind the scenes. I LOVE it.

NikkiB

oh I am glad you said that I have just ordered the new visions tarot!!

I carry my Illuminated pocket baby tarot, its the perfect carry size and of course it has GLITTER!

Morwenna

I just got the pocket Hanson-Roberts via Tarot-to-Go. Id'z so cuuute... :D

It's going to be my actively-pocket-deck. When it isn't accompanying my mini-RWS here at the computer. :)

That box is awfully tight though. :(

daphne

Morwenna said:
That box is awfully tight though. :(

Just find a nice tiny purse and slip them in. This is how I carry them around and they look so comfortable in it. :)

nisaba

canid said:
GD, bet you'd love Tarot of the New Vision. Gives a unique twist on Waite...from behind the scenes. I LOVE it.
I've been having substantial fun with this one. And I don't see why people think standard-sized decks are hard to carry around, unless they are trying to put them in shirt-pockets. These days, having taught myself how to cope with big decks in the presence of little hands, I will only buy a mini as a "stocking-filler": to bulk out an order when I know I'm not all that serious about the deck and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. My Manara-Mini was bought for that reason - it hardly seemed worth paying shipping on only two decks, so it arrived as well as whatever I got that time round. I always like to have a mini-RW around the place, because it was on a mini RW that I did my first-ever reading that someone actually insisted on paying me for, back in 1981, and contrary to popular opinion, in some ways I'm quite sentimental. And my mini Visconti-Sfotza was about filling out that particular sub-collection - and has a nicer Devil card than its gold-stamped big brother.

So yeah, not a huge mini-girl, because I've mastered the hand-thing and I just don't "get" how standard-sized decks are hard to carry around. I carry around at least two and usually three standard-sized decks routinely.

daphne

nisaba said:
I just don't "get" how standard-sized decks are hard to carry around. I carry around at least two and usually three standard-sized decks routinely.

You must be strong or use to a heavy bag. Or you don`t carry much extra in your bag. Or you don`t walk/stand too much with your bag hanging on your shoulder. :)
I carry around just a mini deck but after sometime my bag is really hurting my shoulder. That is with a mini.. I would not dream to carry a standard version. (I have to mention, I don`t blame the mini for the overload, I carry around a lot of other stuff, like photo camera, agenda, and probably this makes it harder for me to choose a standard-version deck).

nisaba

daphne said:
You must be strong
I'm terribly out of condition, currently.

daphne said:
or use to a heavy bag. Or you don`t carry much extra in your bag.
Lemme see ... <rummages around in bag> ... Two Tarot decks, currently, though that is subject to addition at a whim. One large wallet (what an Australian would call a "purse"). One A5-sized day-to-a-page diary. A paperback book. Four pens, in addition to the pen clipped inside my wallet and the one in my diary. Four bus timetables for different routes. Miscellaneous receipts, bus tickets and other bits of litter that I unthinkingly shove in my bag rather than toss onto the ground. A digital camera in a sock. Two key-rings. Two USB drives, one of them on said key-ring. Magnifying glass (you never know when you'll need it). Small ball of string and small scissors, ditto. And there isn't one now because I haven't been outside for very long today, but there's usually a 600ml bottle of water in there as well, full when I leave, nearing empty when I get home. In my dark, long-haired girly past I may have kept hairbrushes, tweezers and occasional bits of makeup in there, too, but I'd never admit to that. It can't weigh more than two or three kilos - certainly not enough to make a shoulder sore unless you have some kind of skeletal deformity or clinical joint weakness, I think - I'm hardly the most athletic of people.

daphne said:
Or you don`t walk/stand too much with your bag hanging on your shoulder. :)
<ruefully> This is probably true. My car is out of registration and therefore undriveable (legally), and I refuse point-blank to walk anywhere that will take me more than three-quarters of an hour to get there - I start to flag by then. I insist on buses for longer trips, hence all the timetables.

daphne said:
I carry around just a mini deck but after sometime my bag is really hurting my shoulder. That is with a mini.. I would not dream to carry a standard version. (I have to mention, I don`t blame the mini for the overload, I carry around a lot of other stuff, like photo camera, agenda, and probably this makes it harder for me to choose a standard-version deck).
:bugeyed: You must carry a lot more stuff around than me, for a mini to be such a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back.

daphne

nisaba said:
:bugeyed: You must carry a lot more stuff around than me, for a mini to be such a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back.

Hehehehe, it is not that mini which does it, no, I know this. My photocamera, for instance is like a brick. And my phone is not too slim either. And I walk hours with my bag on my shoulder, so probably this really makes the difference.

So, thank God for minis.:)

selmainsley

I currently carry the vanessa, although thats a bit bulky, tarot to go is adorable, i sometimes put that in my bag, LS do a nice mini version of the manga, the rabbit is quite small, and if you like cutting your own then the artist also does a mini deck called the Tarat