Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

F.M. Tarot

Juliana_ said:
Hi, I email then (lo scarabeo) last month day 28 and they told me that the book and kit with the book will be avalible in 2010 so there still hope, yestarday I asked if they already had a date of release but the person that reply said that she don't know

Now after all that with what Ric said, there is going to be book? :confused: I won't believe it until Ric comes along and confirms! :)

Also, isn't the book already written by Mark McElroy and it's just waiting to be printed?

Dancing Bear

Yes a bit confusing isnt it..
I still havent receieved any answer either..Guess i will just have to re- email them :p Until i do get an answer :D

irmata

Oh no! I just decided last night that this deck really intrigues me to the point of wanting a copy, but it _really_ does need a guide of some sort. I found a good thread discussing personal interpretations on the forums here, but something official would be nice. I'm going to sit here and hold my breath until the world works the way I think it should ::pout::

RiccardoLS

I'm really not sure on how to answer, because we really don't know.

The book was never completed (but a lot of it was already written).
So far from the deck release, it seems that making it a kit edition is a waste (beside having this kit more means one other kit less).
And - as it often goes for difficult decisions - nothing has been decided yet.

Currently the main idea seems to be:
1) wait for the author to finish another book and consult with him
2) either release the current work as PDF or... complete the book and release as PDF or revert the rights for the book to the author, so he can PDF_release on his own or (insert any other possibility here).

This is all unofficial, of course.
The official answer would be "The Book is not currently scheduled for 2010. We are sorry."

ric

Dancing Bear

Thankyou ric for coming over and letting us know the deal..

It is a shame! But we will have to live with it and in hope one day a PDF may be available.. Lets hope its not too late and that we still interested in this beautiful deck!!

AJ

Thanks Ric.
Wonder if poking McElroy would do any good?

gregory

He's here. Go for it ! })

(oops. I am a bad person....)

Failing that the pdf would be a lot better than nothing....

irmata

Just had a thought: the Mona Lisa is known for her enigmatic smile and no one truly knows who she was (if my art history is correct).

Maybe this deck _can't_ have a book; isn't meant to. Perhaps it is as enigmatic as the character it is based on. She is a tease and a mystery, like all good oracles. It is up to us to discover the meaning in her images through (painful) dedicated contemplation. Sort of a "Good things come to those who pull their hair out in frustration" situation ;)

(Then again, maybe I'm just telling myself this to cope ha ha!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you for the official feedback, Riccardo! I still think it's an absolutely beautiful deck and it will probably land up in my collection regardless of having a companion book.