Monster Tarot

Kahlie

Hello,

I wonder who had seen this Tarot or knows more about it. I saw it has a Japanse book with it, and the Monsters are famous one's in religion/myths etc.

It has beautiful black borders and a black background. I have seen it only on Ebay and it is VERY expensive....

Tarot Garden has it as well, but it's sold out there... Is this deck OOP? Did others like it?

Kahlie

Rose

A friend ordered this deck for me off the Japanese Amazon.com website at the beginning of September. I assume it is still available in Japan. I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $36 U.S. plus about $15 shipping--a lot better than the $120-$175 price it lists for on E-bay. It's listed in the Encylopedia of Tarot volume four under Shigeru Mizuki Tarot. The booklet it came with (Japanese, so I can't read it) lists Takeshi Ogasawara and Youtaro as the designers. The cards are small--only 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches--so the images, which are pretty detailed, are small. The major arcana are recognizable as corresponding to a tarot deck, the minor arcana are not.
Each minor arcana card has a picture which depicts a scene about a different "monster/creature" associated with it. The minor arcana do not reflect the tarot card meaning, as far as I can tell. The art is uniformly good throughout the deck. This is strictly a collectable deck in my opinion. The titles are in English and when I have some time I'm going to look up the significance of the different monsters.

Hope this helped.

Rose

Kahlie

Thank you!

That's much more affordable... I shall think on it :)

Kahlie