Moon and Hermit

BLFO

What is Moon and Hermit as someone's actions to you? All I can think of is "guiding you through the darkness".

Thirteen

Powerful combo!

BLFO said:
What is Moon and Hermit as someone's actions to you? All I can think of is "guiding you through the darkness".
I think that's an excellent interpretation!

I think, from this, there's only elaboration--that their actions are for your benefit even those actions seem strange and mysterious; that their actions are based on what they can see--which is everything--but they can't give you enough light to see everything, only enough to know what step to take next on your journey. So you might have to trust that they know what they're doing.

If this position just had the Moon card, we could fear that the actions were deceptive, but the Hermit redeems the Moon and indicates actions that are trying to guide the person toward something deeper. It's the sort of combo you'd see if you were visiting a therapist and he/she engaged you in role playing or an argument in order to get you into an emotional rather than rational state. Their caculated actions are trying to get you to see something very much hidden and emotionally important. To, as you say, illuminate the darkest part of you--or of a situation--so you can navigate through such places.

That, at least, is how I'd read it.

willowfox

The hermit guides you through the confusion that surrounds you, Moon.

SharonS

BLFO said:

Well put BLFO:) A little bit to add may be that this person could be hiding something, maybe not in a bad way to others, but something they are dealing with privately and might not want others to find out.

~SharonS