Moon and the Three (3) of Swords

GoddessArtemis

I'm trying to understand what The Moon, clarified by the 3 of Swords might mean as what someone "wants". :confused:

I can't quite figure these two out without thinking not-so-very-good thoughts.

My own thought? This person doesn't have good intentions: Moon=deception, keeping things in the dark...and the clarification=3 of Swords...with the intent to cause pain/mental anguish.

What else can these two mean?

Is there a positive spin on this, or am I reading it correctly to see this as a negative pair?

GA

alonewiththesea

GoddessArtemis said:
I'm trying to understand what The Moon, clarified by the 3 of Swords might mean as what someone "wants". :confused:

I can't quite figure these two out without thinking not-so-very-good thoughts.

My own thought? This person doesn't have good intentions: Moon=deception, keeping things in the dark...and the clarification=3 of Swords...with the intent to cause pain/mental anguish.

What else can these two mean?

Is there a positive spin on this, or am I reading it correctly to see this as a negative pair?

GA

3 of swords to me is love triangle, deception, crying over a seperation, misunderstanding, loss.
The moon to me is illusions

to me seeing it i would think the person has the illusion of someone cheating, decieving them and or illusions as to why a relationship ended *i dont fully go by card meaning but what my cards speak to me* my legacy deck has a heart with a tear dividing it and usually when i get this card it does mean cheating, or heart break due to a seperation if i got the moon by it i would think someone was not being truthful example the ex in why they broke up.

the moon first the 3oS second id think it was you being worried about it letting your mind trick you into thinking a deception was done, or someone was cheating. *sometimes our worries are greater than actual actions and we create our own illusions and believe things that have not been done against us*

alonewiththesea

nisaba

I'm thinking that this person has a sense that unhappiness is somehow dramatic or romantic or that their unhappiness can make them somehow more desirable to others. Perhaps they are looking for carer-types to match their victim-type in some kind of co-dependency. That kind of thinking led to the 19th century "Romantic" poets, who were all totally dysfunctional people although some of them were fabulous writers, and later movements like the current Emo movement. I'd rather be happy. And a happy person draws more attention and love from other people anyway.

littlestar

It might mean the person wants their fears to be realized and put out in the open no matter how heart breaking it may seem.

GoddessArtemis

littlestar said:
It might mean the person wants their fears to be realized and put out in the open no matter how heart breaking it may seem.
Hmm, can you share a bit more? I'm not quite sure I understand it fully. :)

GA

YDM42

The person is confused about what the want-may be living in the past or in pain. 3 of swords, they just don't know.

YDM42

Or this person does not want anything, and the person asking is confused - in denial and not seeing clearly that that the person has no desire.

GoddessArtemis

YDM42 said:
Or this person does not want anything, and the person asking is confused - in denial and not seeing clearly that that the person has no desire.
I could see this, except the person is pursuing me..so it's hard to imagine this being the case.

GA

nisaba

Well, maybe that's their perception of you, then. Sometimes messages transfer.

GoddessArtemis

nisaba said:
Well, maybe that's their perception of you, then. Sometimes messages transfer.
Meaning their perception is that I don't want anything from them?

GA