Moon following Star in Major storyline...

Herzog

I don't regard the Moon negatively as I'm all about psychic strangeness, which is always good for the "work" :)

However, the deception or half truths... this is what confused me. Why would life throw another curve ball so close to the end of a journey? But it makes sense... Learning how to avoid being tricked again, as Thirteen wrote. This is a legitimate lesson and looking at the Moon this way, it appears to be in the correct position.

dma88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma88
each of the MA encapsulates all the events of each of the centuries since christ.

Thirteen said:
Kinda limits human history, doesn't it? Erases Ancient Egyptians, pre-Christian India, Mayans, Ancient Greece, and a lot of the Roman Empire.

Christ-till-now is a pretty short period of humanity. Why wouldn't the Majors incorporate all? And does this mean that once we get to 2100 (the World) it's all over?

well, that's jsut something I read a few years ago.. and certainly that's not ALL that they symbolize. I simly meant that they are big steps, decades or lifetimes from one card to the next, rather than days or weeks. Also, when the world is over in 2100, I guess it'll just go back to the fool and the cycle will start over again. So 0 AD would just be the beginning of the most recent iteration. And the same cycle may also be repeating in larger increments, such as billions of years inbetween each card. smaller increments too, fractal nature of the universe, macrocosm, microcosm. But regarldess of the scale, the point is that a lot can happen inbetween each one, which is how one card can seem very "good" and the next card can seem very "bad".

tarotcardrose

The moon to me, is the card of the illusion. In Arthur waite's guide, he describes the moon as the illusion. He mentions the only way to get through this is through a calm & be still. The Star is that , she is the Binah, the one who replenishes the Earth & universe. After the illusion and fear of the moon you are brought up to the cosmos, to the Star. She is truth, healing and solace.

Herzog

tarotcardrose said:
The moon to me, is the card of the illusion. In Arthur waite's guide, he describes the moon as the illusion. He mentions the only way to get through this is through a calm & be still. The Star is that , she is the Binah, the one who replenishes the Earth & universe. After the illusion and fear of the moon you are brought up to the cosmos, to the Star. She is truth, healing and solace.

So the Moon's power falls somewhere between the kneeling girl and the distant star above her?

tarotcardrose

I think the moon's power calls up the deep inner depths of ourselves. Sometimes,like on the card, creatures from the deep lurk up. But it is nothing to fear. The moon itself doesn't shed its own light, it reflects the light of the sun. The moon card reflects like a mirror what we show, but can distort it. Can create illusions. After going through the two towers on the moon card (RWS) we reach the other side of truth. After that, we are cleansed by the healing light of the Star. The Binah.

Herzog

The moon follows the star. Passing through its towers should lead you to the next card: the sun. Unless Im missing what you're saying

dma88

tarotcardrose said:

so that means that if a bunch of dark stuff comes up, it doesn't really exist because it's all in the past, left-over in your mind.. if you combine those two interpretations, the moon representing the subconscious and illusion, it would be the illusion that our mind creates for us