Moon reversed as advice with relationship

xoxo

Hello,

I have a friend. I'm in love with him, but he is with another girl. He is hurting me.

I have asked Rider tarot for advice. What I do with him? Several times I have received the same answer: MOON REVERSED.

I'm a bit confused... do I have to cut friendship with him or not?

Hope you can help me. Thank you.

starrystarrynight

If this is a one-card reading in its entirety, the thread will likely be moved to Your Readings. But the upright Moon is often about self-deception and illusion...so, it could follow that the reversed Moon is about the need to come "out of the dark", stop deluding yourself about this man, and see things as they truly are. [If he is involved with someone else, he will probably not develop the kind of relationship with you that you would like. Once you come to terms with that, you will be able to see things more clearly and will, hopefully, be able to move on to a more rational and less romanticized way of thinking about him and the situation.]

xoxo

Thank you starrystarrynight, So If I make this effort, a friendship with him is possible?

PAMUYA

Exactly right, get your head out of the clouds and see things as they truely are. He is not hurting you, you are hurting yourself, all the romance is only in your mind. The Moon reversed sees things as they truely are, not what we fantasize, it is telling you to open your mind to what is real and get on with life.

Zephyros

The Moon is one of those interesting cards (as though there are any that aren't:)) that, although I don't use reversals, I see as naturally reversed in and of itself. The Moon is the card of illusions, deceptions, the primordial fear of the night, what we cannot see, night terrors. Nothing you see is really as it is, and in the Thoth the Sun is submerged beneath the waters, waiting for daylight (Crowley writes that is a card of dark magic).

Like others have said here, I think that the card is hinting very strongly that you are the product of your own delusions, and that this is holding you back. Maybe something will happen, maybe it won't (it's nighttime, we can't see), but i think the Moon is telling you to stop this line of thinking, and move on.

I've been there, I guess everyone has :) I don't know if a friendship is even possible right now due to your feelings, maybe the Moon is talking about that as well. Take a breather, is what I'm saying.

xoxo

Thank you all for your replies!!! :)