Morgan Greer New Deck Interview

VioletMoon

Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
8 of Pentacles. You're a teacher, here to teach me more about tarot and about myself.

What are your strengths as a deck?
The chariot. You're bold and confident- you're not going to pull any punches.Maybe're you're a bit aggressive and you're methods are "tough love," but you always tell the truth.

What are your limits as a deck?
5 of swords. Okay, maybe you are too aggressive or ambitious.

What are you here to teach me?
The Emperor. A solid foundation in tarot and confidence in my readings.

How can I best learn and collaborate with you?
King of Cups. By using a balance of emotion and knowledge. By being considerate of emotions. By using this knowledge compassionately and responsibly.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
Queen of Pentacles . The ability to read for others in a nurturing compassionate way. To use my knowledge to help others.

Tobe

Eight of Pentacles - Apprenticeship, I'm easy to pick up. For beginners or intermediates.

The Chariot - I'm straight forward, don't over think my meanings. Most often, the surface meaning is what I'm saying.

Five of Swords - I need attentions

Emperor - Learn how to control your decks and thinkings. A good emperor needs to know how to "run his empire". To do so, you need to be able to control your people (decks), have knowledge, and mature your emotions.

King of Cups - Be generous of your gift, read for other people more as well as by yourself.

Queen of Pentacles - You can earn money with me if you want to.

Trogon

Hi VM! Quite an interesting deck interview spread. I think I can add a bit for you. I do not have the Morgan-Greer (yet), but took a look at images on-line, as such I'm basing the following on the RWS. In places I refer to the term "client", by that I mean not only another person, but yourself as well; anyone you are doing a reading for.

Tell me about yourself. What is your most important characteristic?
8 of Pentacles. You're a teacher, here to teach me more about tarot and about myself.

I think you're correct here, but I feel there is more to pull out. I feel that the 8 of Pentacles here is indicating that this is a "working" deck. It will teach you to be more grounded in the day-to-day use of Tarot as a tool. It is a very "down-to-Earth" (yes, this is the phrase that actually came to my mind :D) type of deck to be used for delving into peoples daily struggles. This is a deck which can help you to use Tarot for people who need help with the decisions which affect their physical lives.

What are your strengths as a deck?
The chariot. You're bold and confident- you're not going to pull any punches.Maybe're you're a bit aggressive and you're methods are "tough love," but you always tell the truth.

Here I think the Teacher aspect you saw in the 8 of Pentacles also comes into play. Along with what you got from the card, I would add that it is very good at getting the Conscious and the Subconscious working together to be able to bring answers to your client. Sometimes the messages, images and interpretations which come to our Subconscious are difficult to put into a form that your client can understand. This deck will help to bring those messages through your Conscious mind so that you can pass them on in a form that is most understandable to your client.

What are your limits as a deck?
5 of swords. Okay, maybe you are too aggressive or ambitious.

I almost feel that this is more "too sharp, too direct." For instance, if a client comes to you for a reading about something going on in their life - an interpretation might come to your head to say; "you were a dumbass for doing that" ... you may have to use that Chariot power to soften the blow to a more helpful; "Well, you knew you were making a mistake before you did that ... ". Of course, some clients might need the first one. ;)

What are you here to teach me?
The Emperor. A solid foundation in tarot and confidence in my readings.

I feel that The Emperor here may be saying more about "maturing" as a reader ... which is only slightly different from your interpretation. so, the "foundation" and "confidence" you mention above is included, but we also see growth in expanding your reading skills to include broader and more in-depth answers for your clients. I also feel a certain solidifying of how you do readings - finding the method that works best for you and having it become almost automatic. I think of when I was just starting and had to think through my reading ritual, carefully set things up. Now, my "ritual" does not require forethought or planning.

How can I best learn and collaborate with you?
King of Cups. By using a balance of emotion and knowledge. By being considerate of emotions. By using this knowledge compassionately and responsibly.

What is the potential outcome of our working relationship?
Queen of Pentacles . The ability to read for others in a nurturing compassionate way. To use my knowledge to help others.

I think you're pretty much right with these. I feel that the King and Queen work together well. The Queen helping to keep you grounded while the King works through the emotions. Meaning that the deck will be most helpful when you are able to distance yourself from the emotions involved. Not being dispassionate, but rather calmly empathetic towards your clients.

Sulis

Moderator note - Feedback

Hi VioletMoon,

Could you please leave some feedback here for the 2 people who have replied so far.
If you don't want any more answers once you've done that, just add a note to the thread saying so and we will close the thread.

From the posting rules:
Feedback

Feedback helps us all to learn..
Leaving feedback means letting each person who has replied know how their interpretations match the situation you're reading about.. Feedback helps people to see how the cards work in real life situations..

We try to ensure that threads here are equal exchanges and the people who reply or who are just reading threads get as much out of them as the thread starter.. Without feedback there is no exchange and that's not fair..

A note about the type of feedback that we'd like to see here - this is taken from the previous version of the posting rules and it offers some good tips about giving feedback:

• “Thanks” or “That was helpful” is NOT feedback. Detail is required.
  • you must give a response to every person who helps you with the cards, and generally within a day or two (there can be exceptions if a situation is unfolding). You don't have to list everything they said but at least discuss some of their points.
  • get involved in the process, besides helping you with the situation this process will increase your own reading skills
  • if the interpretation of cards wasn't clear – ask politely for an explanation
  • if you do not agree, explain why courteously
  • has the interpretation clarified the situation for you? If so, how?
  • please note that an update on the situation is not full feedback unless you link it to some of the interpretations, however, updates are always very welcomed.
No more replies please until VioletMoon has left feedback for Tobe and Trogon.

Sulis - moderator

VioletMoon

Eight of Pentacles - Apprenticeship, I'm easy to pick up. For beginners or intermediates.

The Chariot - I'm straight forward, don't over think my meanings. Most often, the surface meaning is what I'm saying.

Five of Swords - I need attentions

Emperor - Learn how to control your decks and thinkings. A good emperor needs to know how to "run his empire". To do so, you need to be able to control your people (decks), have knowledge, and mature your emotions.

King of Cups - Be generous of your gift, read for other people more as well as by yourself.

Queen of Pentacles - You can earn money with me if you want to.

Thanks for your response- sorry for the delay in replying. I had thought about money for the QP but I get a more nurturing motherly vibe from her than just the money thing. I like your idea about the Emperor too -definitely about maturing and growing as a reader.

VioletMoon

I think you're correct here, but I feel there is more to pull out. I feel that the 8 of Pentacles here is indicating that this is a "working" deck. It will teach you to be more grounded in the day-to-day use of Tarot as a tool. It is a very "down-to-Earth" (yes, this is the phrase that actually came to my mind :D) type of deck to be used for delving into peoples daily struggles. This is a deck which can help you to use Tarot for people who need help with the decisions which affect their physical lives.

Here I think the Teacher aspect you saw in the 8 of Pentacles also comes into play. Along with what you got from the card, I would add that it is very good at getting the Conscious and the Subconscious working together to be able to bring answers to your client. Sometimes the messages, images and interpretations which come to our Subconscious are difficult to put into a form that your client can understand. This deck will help to bring those messages through your Conscious mind so that you can pass them on in a form that is most understandable to your client.

I almost feel that this is more "too sharp, too direct." For instance, if a client comes to you for a reading about something going on in their life - an interpretation might come to your head to say; "you were a dumbass for doing that" ... you may have to use that Chariot power to soften the blow to a more helpful; "Well, you knew you were making a mistake before you did that ... ". Of course, some clients might need the first one. ;)

I feel that The Emperor here may be saying more about "maturing" as a reader ... which is only slightly different from your interpretation. so, the "foundation" and "confidence" you mention above is included, but we also see growth in expanding your reading skills to include broader and more in-depth answers for your clients. I also feel a certain solidifying of how you do readings - finding the method that works best for you and having it become almost automatic. I think of when I was just starting and had to think through my reading ritual, carefully set things up. Now, my "ritual" does not require forethought or planning.

I think you're pretty much right with these. I feel that the King and Queen work together well. The Queen helping to keep you grounded while the King works through the emotions. Meaning that the deck will be most helpful when you are able to distance yourself from the emotions involved. Not being dispassionate, but rather calmly empathetic towards your clients.

Thanks so much for your much more in-depth responses. I had kind of rattled off a quick feeling from each!

it's so interesting that you get that from the 8 of pentacles since I'm really interested in the use of tarot in my work as a social worker. Calm empathy is definitely something I can use- I feel like I'm either too involved or I struggle to connect. A balance is definitely necessary. Yeah, I get the too direct feeling too... but I honestly think that is good for a beginner. I feel like that directness is also really good for learning, though. With the linestrider deck I was struggling but I feel like things are a little bit more in your face with the MG.